Produce a demo reel for display on Youtube, revver, etc to showcase the capabilities of Synfig, and generate interest in the community of artists and coders to use and improve Synfig. Ideally the whole video could be produced in Synfig (excluding audio).
Unless otherwise stated the source is from the Synfig examples. There seems to be a recurring theme of 'eyes' here, so the tentative working title is 'The Eye's have it'.
then an animated figure synched to some speech - "Welcome to the Synfig Demo Reel" (I have something in the works for this one)
Either - Cover the basics - shapes, lines, filters, distortions, transforms, etc, or just launch straight into a slide show of still images
Some combination of zooming in and out on the eyes of the following to demonstrate that Synfig is vector based and looks good at any resolution:-
- Rore's Cat
- New Julia/newjulia2.sif
Transition to -
- z_depth test.sif
- Preamble taffy.sif
- Rotating gears by dooglus http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ljmQARJccYk
- underwater by Ulrik http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=j7fO-1V_IFA
- plant growing by Ulrik http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=UqeUOrAoziE
- room by Ulrik http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=UWxj9NenDTE
- eye.sif http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=nAYdf-CJwPo
- Eyes (by Madsen - he already gave us permission to use it in a demo reel)
- Synfig trailer by StephanMorin http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7q2jN3qcOcM
- Sy'n'fig by Zelig http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bySt14ufRmU
- boot.sif by pxegeek - Call to action help stamp out bugs in Synfig
- links to Prologue, Werewolf
Need clearance from the copyright holders for the use of these works. Please comment if it's OK or if you don't want your work used.
- It's OK to use any of my animations -- dooglus 04:12, 30 October 2007 (EDT)
- It's ok to use any of my animations and music at my site -- ulrik 05:29, 30 October 2007 (EDT)
- It's OK to use Sy 'n' Fig. That's why I created it; to promote Synfig! -- zelig 20:28, 10 November 2007 (PST)
Music? If some of the more musical amongst us are willing to share their music -
- Madsen has some funky music that I can't begin to describe, and some nice electronic stuff also (e.g. http://laxness101.lillesvin.net/strg/lax-Lay.mp3).
- Ulrik has some accordian music that may not be to everyone's taste ;) and some great piano music at http://www.musikboden.se/mymusic/solopiano/solopiano.html (yes, I'm biased - I only try to play piano).
- If we want to go up tempo, Ceox has some nice synth music that I think would work well. (Oxysphere?)
- I could make a new song for the reel by making a whole new song or making customized versions of older songs. Regards, Ceox
What did I miss?