Unless otherwise stated the source is from the Synfig examples. There seems to be a recurring theme of 'eyes' here, so the tentative working title is 'The Eye's have it'.
Either - Cover the basics - shapes, lines, filters, distortions, transforms, etc, or just launch straight into a slide show of still images
Some combination of zooming in and out on the eyes of the following to demonstrate that Synfig is vector based and looks good at any resolution:-
- Rore's Cat
- New Julia/newjulia2.sif
Transition to -
- z_depth test.sif
- Preamble taffy.sif
- Rotating gears by dooglus http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ljmQARJccYk
- underwater by Ulrik http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=j7fO-1V_IFA
- plant growing by Ulrik http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=UqeUOrAoziE
- room by Ulrik http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=UWxj9NenDTE
- eye.sif http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=nAYdf-CJwPo
- Eyes (by Madsen - he already gave us permission to use it in a demo reel)
- Synfig trailer by StephanMorin http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7q2jN3qcOcM
- Sy'n'fig by Zelig
- boot.sif by pxegeek - Call to action help stamp out bugs in Synfig
- links to Prologue, Werewolf
- It's OK to use any of my animations -- dooglus 04:12, 30 October 2007 (EDT)
- It's ok to use any of my animations and music at my site -- ulrik 05:29, 30 October 2007 (EDT)
Music? If some of the more musical amongst us are willing to share their music -
- Madsen has some funky music that I can't begin to describe, and some nice electronic stuff also (e.g. http://laxness101.lillesvin.net/strg/lax-Lay.mp3).
- Ulrik has some accordian music that may not be to everyone's taste ;) and some great piano music at http://www.musikboden.se/mymusic/solopiano/solopiano.html (yes, I'm biased - I only try to play piano).
- If we want to go up tempo, Ceox has some nice synth music that I think would work well. (Oxysphere?)
What did I miss?