We're working on ebuild files for the Gentoo operating system here. To use this page directly with Gentoo, you need to know how Portage works. You can either create a new local overlay and put there the ebuilds from the Gentoo BugZilla (faster) or use the sunrise overlay (easier).
Ebuilds in Gentoo's BugZilla
These are also in gentoo's sunrise overlay. More information on now to add it here. You can choose to install the release versions (package-x.xx.xx) (stable) or the development version (-9999) (unstable)
Howto for both release and development ebuilds
Please check this HOWTO Installing 3rd Party Ebuilds first. We will say "/overlay" as path to your overlay. This tipically would be "/usr/local/portage".
1. Make the directories needed in your overlay:
mkdir /overlay/dev-cpp/ETL /overlay/media-gfx/synfig /overlay/media-gfx/synfigstudio
2. Go to the links above in the Gentoo BugZilla and download the ebuilds for the last release or the development version for all the packages (ETL, synfig and synfigstudio).
3. Copy your downloaded ebuilds into the appropiate directories:
ETL -> /overlay/dev-cpp/ETL synfig -> /overlay/media-gfx/synfig synfigstudio -> /overlay/media-gfx/synfigstudio
4. Make digests for them. ie::
ebuild /overlay/dev-cpp/ETL/ETL-0.04.13.ebuild digest ebuild /overlay/media-gfx/synfig/synfig-0.62.00.ebuild digest ebuild /overlay/media-gfx/synfigstudio/synfigstudio-0.62.00.ebuild digest
5. Edit your /etc/portage/package.use and add:
media-gfx/synfig ffmpeg freetype imagemagick dv openexr
6. Unmask the packages for your architecture if needed adding to your /etc/portage/packages.keywords:
dev-cpp/ETL media-gfx/synfig media-gfx/synfigstudio
7. Happily compile:
emerge -av synfigstudio