This assume you already cloned the code from git
Want to setup an IDE to debug / develop synfig ?
Here, we will not discuss of witch IDE is better or if real hacker do all with vi/emacs
Eclipse from gnu/linux
First build !
This will generate all needed makefile
- Open "autobuild/synfigstudio-linux-build.sh" and change "DEBUG=0" to "DEBUG=1" (line 74)
- Build from "autobuild/synfigstudio-linux-build.sh"
- During this time install "eclipse" & "eclispe-cdt" package from synaptic or whatever ...
when eclipse installed and synfig builded....
Import synfig (etl / core / studio) projects in Eclipse
Open Eclipse, choose your desired place for the workspace (i recommend not in ./synfig folder if you want to commit, better just above)
For each synfig component (etl / core / studio ...)
- Eclipse / Menu / Makefile project with existing code
- Choose your project name (etl / core / studio ...)
- Select code location (synfig/ETL , synfig/synfig-core or synfig/synfig-studio)
- Select your toolchain ... and click Finish ... and Wait a little ...
your now able to build from eclipse.
Want to debug maybe ?
- From "Project Explorer" panel, select your project properties (alt+enter / menu-project or right clicking)
- In "Run/Debug Setting" click "New" or "Edit..." , in C/C++ Application , browse and select the synfig-studio binary from "/home/user/synfig/bin"