Hey you! Do you want access to bleeding-edge Synfig? Well, I have good news. Anonymous access to the Synfig Subversion repository for Synfig is now enabled! Here are the URLs to the respective repositories:
From the command line, to check out synfig, you would type:
svn co http://svn.voria.com/code/synfig-core/trunk/ synfig
Once you grab the code, you will need to bootstrap the build environment and then build the code.
We are trialling git and may switch to it:
git clone git://synfig.org/git/ETL.git git clone git://synfig.org/git/synfig.git git clone git://synfig.org/git/synfigstudio.git
People behind restrictive firewalls may be able to use these instead:
git clone http://synfig.org/git/ETL.git git clone http://synfig.org/git/synfig.git git clone http://synfig.org/git/synfigstudio.git
People with commit access should use these commands instead:
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:ETL.git git clone email@example.com:synfig.git git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:synfigstudio.git
You can also check out the web interface to these repositories.
Also, dooglus maintains a git-svn repository of synfig and has a gitweb interface for it.
Proposed git workflow:
- Do all work on the master branch
- Latest stable releases should be tagged with stable-release.
- Latest development releases should be tagged with devel-release.
- All releases should be tagged with their version number (with no extra chars): 0.61.08.
- For now, we don't need a stable release branch, when/if we do:
- Branch the stable-release tag (or whatever is appropriate) to something like 0.62.
- Change the stable-branch symbolic-ref branch to point to the 0.62 branch.
- Cherry-pick commits from the master branch to the stable branch where possible.
- Commit directly to the stable branch only when cherry-picks are not possible.
- Work on new non-trivial features/fixes on public topic branches where possible
- Obviously commit trivial fixes straight to the master or stable-branch branch.
- Rebase & rework branches to keep history more sane, linear and atomic
While you are browsing the code, you may wish to refer to these links:
- source code outline
- source code glossary
- API documentation
- ETL make check failures
- Mapping between layer types, classes and .cpp files
- ValueNode types
- Blend Method enumeration values