Note: The SVN server is currently down, we will migrate SVN elsewhere soon.
Hey you! Do you want access to bleeding-edge Synfig? Well, I have good news. Anonymous access to the Synfig Subversion repository for Synfig is now enabled! Here are the URLs to the respective repositories:
From the command line, to check out synfig, you would type:
Once you grab the code, you will need to bootstrap the build environment and then build the code.
While you are browsing the code, you may wish to refer to these links:
- source code outline
- source code glossary
- API documentation
- ETL make check failures
- Mapping between layer types, classes and .cpp files
- ValueNode types
- Blend Method enumeration values
We are trialling git and may switch to it:
git clone git://synfig.org/git/ETL.git git clone git://synfig.org/git/synfig.git git clone git://synfig.org/git/synfigstudio.git
People behind restrictive firewalls may be able to use these instead:
git clone http://synfig.org/git/ETL.git git clone http://synfig.org/git/synfig.git git clone http://synfig.org/git/synfigstudio.git
People with commit access should use these commands instead:
git clone email@example.com:ETL.git git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:synfig.git git clone email@example.com:synfigstudio.git
You can also check out the web interface to these repositories.
Also, dooglus maintains a git-svn repository of synfig and has a gitweb interface for it.
Proposed git workflow:
- Do all work on the master branch
- Latest stable releases should be tagged with stable-release.
- Latest development releases should be tagged with devel-release.
- All releases should be tagged with their version number (with no extra chars): 0.61.08.
- For now, we don't need a stable release branch, when/if we do:
- Branch the stable-release tag (or whatever is appropriate) to something like 0.62.
- Change the stable-branch symbolic-ref branch to point to the 0.62 branch.
- Cherry-pick commits from the master branch to the stable branch where possible.
- Commit directly to the stable branch only when cherry-picks are not possible.
- Work on new non-trivial features/fixes on public topic branches where possible
- Obviously commit trivial fixes straight to the master or stable-branch branch.
- Rebase & rework branches to keep history more sane, linear and atomic
Proposed set of git repositories:
- admin.git - gitosis admin settings - holds groups, repos and users
- code/* - direct conversions from SVN
- code/ETL.git - ETL
- code/synfig.git - synfig
- code/synfigstudio.git - synfigstudio
- packages/* - bits for various packaging systems
- packages/windows.git - Windows packaging (needs separating from the code repos)
- packages/macos.git - MacOS packaging (needs separating from the code repos)
- packages/jhbuild.git - JHBuild moduleset (needs writing)
- packages/autopackage.git - Autopackage bits (needs writing)
- website/* - various bits used to maintain the website
- website/skin.git - skin for the website
- website/content.git - content for the website (pending switch to ikiwiki)
- scripts/* - various scripts needed
- scripts/svn2git.git - the scripts used to convert the SVN repo to git