Hey you! Do you want access to bleeding-edge Synfig? Well, I have good news. We provide two ways to get the code:
- Using subversion (three repositories)
- Using git (one repository)
Once you grab the code, you will need to bootstrap the build environment and then build the code.
While you are browsing the code, you may wish to refer to these links:
- Bug tracker
- Patches review board
- API documentation
- source code outline
- source code glossary
- ETL make check failures
- Mapping between layer types, classes and .cpp files
- ValueNode types
- Blend Method enumeration values
- Interesting Readings
SVN repository at Sourceforge
To checkout code from the command line:
svn co https://synfig.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/synfig/ETL/trunk/ etl svn co https://synfig.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/synfig/synfig-core/trunk/ synfig-core svn co https://synfig.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/synfig/synfig-studio/trunk/ synfig-studio
GIT repository at Sorceforge
Genete is maintaining a single git repository at Sourceforge. It includes the changes done in SVN and also other code development his working on. The idea is completely migrate to git in the future.
People with commit access should use this command instead:
You can also check out the web interface to that repository.
Check out Sourceforge Git wiki page for further references.
Proposed workflow and other repositories
Proposed git workflow:
- Do all work on the master branch
- Latest stable releases should be tagged with stable-release.
- Latest development releases should be tagged with devel-release.
- All releases should be tagged with their version number (with no extra chars): 0.61.08.
- For now, we don't need a stable release branch, when/if we do:
- Branch the stable-release tag (or whatever is appropriate) to something like 0.62.
- Cherry-pick commits from the master branch to the stable branch where possible.
- Commit directly to the stable branch only when cherry-picks are not possible.
- Work on new non-trivial features/fixes on public topic branches where possible
- Obviously commit trivial fixes straight to the master or the stable branch.
- Rebase & rework branches to keep history more sane, linear and atomic
Proposed set of git repositories:
- admin.git - gitosis admin settings - holds groups, repos and users
- code/* - direct conversions from SVN
- code/ETL.git - ETL
- code/synfig.git - synfig
- code/synfigstudio.git - synfigstudio
- pkg/* - bits for various packaging systems
- pkg/windows.git - Windows packaging (needs separating from the code repos)
- pkg/macos.git - MacOS packaging (needs separating from the code repos)
- pkg/jhbuild.git - JHBuild moduleset (needs writing)
- pkg/autopackage.git - Autopackage bits (needs writing)
- web/* - various bits used to maintain the website
- web/skin.git - skin for the website
- web/content.git - content for the website (pending switch to ikiwiki)
- misc/* - various stuff needed
- misc/svn2git.git - the scripts used to convert the SVN repo to git