The Developer Documentation part of this wiki is primarily for the following groups of people:
- Current developers of the code
- Future and potential developers
- Those interested in bug filing and generating ideas
The purpose of this web page is to gather information about the current build system in order to migrate cmake setup.
DISCLAIMER: THIS IS NOT A HOW DO YOU BUILD ON X PLATFORM.
Synfig is divided into three main components: etl, synfig-core and synfig-studio.
- ETL is the extended template library. One of its most important components is the shared object class, which is the base class for most other parts of the application. Using "handles" to shared objects instead of c++ pointers provides garbage collection via reference counting.
- The core/command-line renderer ("synfig") contains the document data structure for the application: valuenodes, layers, and canvases.
- Synfig Studio ("synfig-studio") provides the gui for the application.
- See also: How Synfig Works
Complete coding tutorials:
- Adding a Layer
- Adding a Panel, Part I and Part II. Note: these are slightly out of date: please note that the directory "gtkmm" has been renamed to "gui" and some files were moved into subfolders.