Doc:How Do I
Applying a gradient to a region
This section details how to apply a gradient (either a path gradient or one of the other types) to a filled region, without affecting other areas of the canvas.
- Create the region you want to fill with a gradient, and the gradient layer, if you haven't already.
- Make sure that the gradient layer is above the region layer in the Layers Dialog.
- Select both layers, right click, and select Encapsulate.
- Expand the new Inline Canvas layer if it's not already, and select your gradient layer.
- In the Params Dialog select the Blend Method parameter, and choose Onto from the drop-down menu.
The gradient will clip to the visible area of the region below it inside the Inline Canvas. (and any other layers in that section).