From Synfig Studio :: Documentation
Revision as of 00:06, 20 March 2012 by Pupazzo (Outline of the tutorial)
There are multiple ways to do looping backgrounds in Synfig. The one presented here is simple and clean, no need for keyframes.
- Prepare or gather background.
- Mention trick to keep same size when importing a sif file.
- Mention trick to keep the two ends the same (exported, decomposed vector).
- Import background.
- Genete's trick of the Zoom layer.
- Duplicate encapsulated background. Say bounding box width is L pixels.
- Move center of the duplicate L pixels towards the direction of the loop.
- Add translation layer.
- Record mode. Move translation layer opposite direction of loop, L pixels. Two waypoints, one at time 0, one at time T. Exit from record mode.
- Add Timed Loop layer. Set duration to T.