From Synfig Studio :: Documentation
Revision as of 11:46, 14 May 2010 by Ohoservices
Screen shots for the documentation should be done in a specific way.
- Use "Clearlooks" with "Tango" icons for the screenshots (Windows/Mac users use "blue-ish" styles, please)
- Png format only
- High quality at canvas: "Low Res" checkbox is off, "Quality" is set to 1
- Let's do smart screenshots! A group panel screenshot with no groups in it is meaningless!
partial vs. full window
- Do not use windows decoration / GUI items if they are not needed.
- Usage of post production tools (blur the non subject areas of the screenshot, text annotations etc.) are welcome.
appearence in text
- Images should be shown in full size when possible. Only if the image takes too much space it might be thumbnailed.
- Position: Right align for images if they are near the text - that way they do not interrupt text flow. Center images for "standalone" ones.
- Uploaded images should have a proper name.
- Images have to be categorized to be found easily.
samples / sifz source
- When creating sample files showing the effects of the layer's parameter modifications a sifz file must be provided to make sure the same figure can be rendered again if the window decoration or GUI layout is significantly different.
- Use a meaningful name for the sifz file, if possible use the image file name just with .sifz instead of .png (see above).
We are currently discussing this at the Forum .