Difference between revisions of "News/2008-03-10"
From Synfig Studio :: Documentation
(Irregular news (new entry))
Revision as of 23:56, 10 March 2008
- Zelgadis is still working on Russian translation of the wiki (started in November 2007).
- 6630 is working on a Turkish translation of the website.
- Genete created a particles tutorial.
- htodd completed synfigstudio packages for fink
- rore's French translation of synfigstudio was added to SVN
- genete's Spanish translation of synfigstudio was added to SVN
- Pxegeek posted a draft of the demo reel
- dooglus improved the information given of the history dialog
- dooglus fixed lots of warnings and errors for the use of new g++ version 4.3.
- Straight and Straight onto render bugs fixed, as well as other bugs.
- Alpha brighten and Alpha darken blend methods are now available.
- Pxegeek did some improvements on the Autotrace patch to convert a bitmap to sif format.
- Several wiki pages has been moved from "Dialog" to "Panel" consistently with the real meaning of Synfigstudio's panels.
- genete sent a patch to allow reading papagayo's voice lip-sync files.
- Dmd created a SVG to synfig format converter using XSLT.
- AkhiL created a Gimp to Synfig converter (multilayer support).
- February's Challenge has been posted: New Synfig Splash Screen!.
- A Video Tutorial wiki page has been created.
- A Converters wiki page has been created.
- mwiriadi is working on getting synfig into Fedora 9
- Jcome started a simplified Chinese translation of the wiki
- rore won the February Challenge!
- We released version 0.61.08!. This is a resume of the improvements of this release:
- AkhiL sent a patch for Low-resolution render.
- Added menu entries and shortcuts to increase and decrease the pixel size
- Proper about dialog based on Gtk::AboutDialog implemented
- dooglus fixed several bugs: 1868911, 1797745, 1891359, 1891391, 1891491, 1894723, 1894998, 1895440, 1896557, 1896834 and much much more.
- Rearranged the Toolbox window.
- Console output is more quiet now.
- Now recognise GIF and gif files extensions.
- Allow the bline tool to draw plants as well as outlines, regions, and curvegradients.
- Improved the waypoint context menu.
- Now magick++ module has prevalence over imagemagick module.
- Allow manual edition of the current time in the workarea.
- Improve the range of different scales used on the timeslider. Also set maximunm and minimum zoom levels for timescroller. Even improved the behavior of the horizontal scrolling.
- Improved open file command and open with the OS command.
- Auto-backup interval is now user selectable.
- Now is possible save files in older formats (0.61.07 and 0.61.06)
- Restrict 'radius' ducks to the top right corner of the plane. Thanks to Zelgadis's suggestion. That behavior could be enabled in program settings.
- Give slight priority to radius ducks.
- Allow accents in layer category name translations.
- Now default is not render the current frame.
- Synfig command line improved.
- Have neither Control-A nor dragging a box around ducks select non-editable ducks, and have clicking individual ducks select them (with or without Control being held). Patch from Gerald Young (Yoyobuae).
- Leave previously selected layers selected when drawing new lines - their ducks are useful for attaching new lines onto.
- Allow booleans to be converted to random
- New Value types Step and Bline Width.
- Now Plant Layer shows his width ducks.
- Added encapsulate and select all child layers buttons to the layer panel.
- New icons for encapsulate and select all layers buttons. Thanks to genete.
- Get the waypoints in the Children panel's timetrack to respond to mouse events.
- Added help icon and some menu entries for Wiki links.
- Save all now works.
- Allow outlines, plants, etc. to be directly editable as soon as they're created from the 'new layer' menu.
- Reordered Miscellaneus setiings.
- Use etl::mutexes to lock access to reference counts.
- RGBA color spinbuttons made wider and added a decimal.
- Patch from Gerald Young (Yoyobuae) to save and restore the state (with canvases are open, and their position and size) for each of the recent files.
- Patch from Gerald Young (Yoyobuae) to fix building on Win32 after the mutex changes.
- Add an extra 'symmetrical' parameter to the 'time loop' layer to better be able to convert the 0.1 version of the layer.
- New convert types added: Vector X, Vector Y, Vector Angle, Vector Length, Gradient Color and Dot Product.
- xerakko added a Catalan translation
- March is MONSTER month on the synfig challenges forum!
- Piecia started a Polish translation of the wiki.
- Zelgadis, dooglus and Yoyobuae are working on a new feature: Linking to Blines
- pabs has updated the forum engine and is available for testing.