We use this page to draft irregular news items to post on the website. If you have some synfig news that happened since the last update, please add it here. To do an update, just copy this page to News/200X-XX-XX, adjust to suit the date, add to the News and Home pages, then please change the topic in the IRC channel, post them to the forums, SF.net and send an email to email@example.com (CCed to the mailing lists) asking for them to be posted to LWN.net. Once that is done, delete the news items that were here and get ready to add more news items.
Synfig Irregular News (Draft)
Add your news here!
- We finally signed up for the 2008 Google SoC!
- pabs finally migrated the forums to phpBB3
- The general forum and the synfig help forum were opened up for guest posts.
- Unfortunately we weren't accepted for the 2008 Google SoC. If you would like to take on one of the ideas, please contact us.
- Darco has set up a Debian VPS for us to migrate to and we have migrated the site/forums to it.
- Synfigstudio have some new icons (Text, Plant, Polyline and Star). By genete.
- New Linking to Blines feature has seen the light!. You can link a vertex, its tangent and its width to any position of a BLine, even you can manipulate its offset values using its linked ducks!. By Yoyobuae and dooglus
- We are trialling git as a version control system for our source code
- Circle tool allows now make Blined circles too. Regions, Outlines, Gradients and Plants are included. Rectangle tool now does the same.
- Yaco (GNU Project hacker) has offered his help to improve Synfig icons to meet Tango guidelines and to create a new skin to this wiki.
- New Text Tool has been added to the tool palette. By dooglus
- New Star Tool has been added to the tool palette. It allows now make blined stars too. Regions, Outlines, Gradients and Plants are included. By dooglus
- [User Yaco|Yaco] has designed a Hotkey visual guide. Available in pdf, png and svg formats.