As an open source project, synfig is relatively young. As a result, it has lots of creases that need to be ironed out. The copyright is sorted, the code compiles fine, but there are warts when running the code. To smooth out those warts, we need people do investigate and fix the following. We cannot do everything ourselves, WE NEED YOUR HELP!!
Tasks which are also accepted from fresh developers in our patch tracker
- create better builds for MacOS X.
- Bugs: 1686495
- make synfig installation relocatable and more robust
- come up with a solution for the gtk stuff.
- fix the rest of the regressions, crashes, freezes and compile errors.
- Solution: more debugging
- fixes for any of the open bugs.
- embedded source code documentation
- almost anything else
Move releases here when they are done.
- Fixed crash rendering http://dooglus.rincevent.net/synfig/crasher3.sif
- Fixed crash creating new paste canvas layers (1356449)
- Fixed crash with relative pathnames (1383736)
- Fixed disconnect bug 1356376 ...
- Fixed importing images on amd64 (1692825)
- Moved pixmaps to a subdir
- Fix the synfigstudio's icon finding and SYNFIG_ROOT stuff - 1568925
- Fix the touchpad/mouse/Input Devices issue; It's initially very off putting when you can't draw even a single circle - 1677510
- Fix the uninstall in the Windows packages, and also make a single download available - 1673269
- fix the synfig rendering targets that crash (gif, dv, ffmpeg, imagemagick).
Bugs: 1346746 1480722 ...
- create better builds for Windows.
- fix miscompilation of synfig with g++ 4.1.x and g++ 4.2
Bugs: 1509627 DEB375080
- fix synfig OOM when rendering the synfigstudio images on non-intel platforms.
Bugs: 1497893 DEB369646
- fix synfigstudio so that the toolbox window is shown on the taskbar/panel when no image is open.