As an open source project, synfig is relatively young. As a result, it has lots of creases that need to be ironed out. The copyright is sorted, the code compiles fine, but there are warts when running the code. To smooth out those warts, we need people do investigate and fix the following. We cannot do everything ourselves, WE NEED YOUR HELP!!
Tasks, to reach a final version of 1.0
Things, which are also accepted in our patch tracker
- create better builds for MacOS X.
- fixes for any of the open bugs.
- embedded source code documentation
- Write a tutorial
- translate into your language
- test synfig and confirm open bugs
Easy coding tasks
Put here tasks for new developers, to make them able to dive into the code.
- Synfigstudio needs verbosity levels for the error output. Levels are info, warning and error. Make sure, to spew out only errors when something nasty happens. If someone wants to know all what happens in synfigstudio, the user should activate a higher level of verbosity with the command line switch --verbose=all,info,warning
To the old Releases
Just for reference.