m (moved Doc:Text Tool to Text Tool over redirect: Not Manual or Tutorial namespace. It belongs to Reference)
Revision as of 17:01, 9 October 2009
Tools Select the text tool icon from the toolbox, then click in the canvas window where the text layer should be created.
A dialog box will appear, allowing you to enter the text you want in the created layer. Enter the text and a new text layer will be created.
The 'Tool Options' panel allows you to specify:
- the name used for the new layer; any number in this field will automatically increment with each layer created
- whether to use a single or multi line editor for entering the text. If a single line is used then the enter key will submit the value. In the multi-line editor, you'll need to click the OK button with the mouse to confirm the text.
- the horizontal and vertical size of the text
- the 'orientation' of the text. The default (0.5, 0.5) means that the text will be centered around the point you clicked on. (0, 0) means that the top left corner of a box containing the text will be placed where you clicked. (1, 1) means that the bottom right corner of the text's bounding box will be placed where you clicked
- the font family to be used