http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ7C-FcxAy0 shows an example of a layer following a moving curve, and rotating to follow the curve as it moves.
How was that achieved? It's currently complicated to set up, so I'll describe here how it works. Hopefully a better design can be used to make it a lot more intuitive in Studio.
The animation lasts for 32 seconds and has 3 layers:
- moving blob - an encapsulation of 3 layers. its origin is connected to the exported valuenode "moving point"
- direction of movement - the fuzzy white beam of light
- inner circle - the smaller yellow circle. not animated at all.
- outer circle - the larger red circle. not animated at all.
- line - the moving curve which the object follows. has waypoints at 0s, 16s, and 32s to make the line move. uses 4 exported animated valuenodes:
- vertex1 - the position of the beginning of the curve
- vertex2 - the position of the end of the curve
- tangent1 - the tangent at the beginning of the curve
- tangent2 - the tangent at the end of the curve
- black background - a solid black background. not animated at all.