Wiki Wish List
If, you're looking for a feature that you need in Synfig but aren't sure exists, PLEASE list it on the Wish list instead.
If you've come here looking for help, and you've found its documentation hasn't been written yet, post it here. That way, we'll know what to work on documenting next!
But isn't this what Talk pages are for? artm
- Proper Multi-language mechanism. We have page called Getting Started and the same page on Russian - Первое знакомство. Is there a way to create a navigation mechanism like in wikipedia.org, to see if there is a translations of current page for other languages exists. Something like automated generated list of available translations displaying on each page: "This page in other languages: English, German, Russian." --Zelgadis 12:17, 1 January 2008 (EST)
- Where can I find out about how to do this? BTW, it would be good if you could join IRC. --pabs 17:45, 1 January 2008 (EST)
- I don't know how it exactly could be done, but maybe this links could help:
- MultiLanguageManager: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:MultiLanguageManager
- Another interesting approach - here all pages have English names, translations are subpages: http://www.art122-5.net/index.php/MediaWiki_Multi-language
- Other links: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Internationalization, http://osdir.com/ml/org.wikimedia.mediawiki/2005-03/msg00183.html
- I think, the way how translation mechanism will be realized must be discussed. I like more the second way (with subpages), as it could help us handle a wiki structure - namespaces and other things. --Zelgadis 01:24, 2 January 2008 (EST)
- Maybe we could use not the "PageName/en" for English and "PageName/ru" for Russian, but just "PageName" for English and "PageName.ru" for Russian. This would minimize the modifications of the most pages on the wiki. But I'm not sure, as it could cause additional problems in case of renaming pages. --Zelgadis 01:36, 2 January 2008 (EST)
- WikiTranslation proposal --Zelgadis 09:20, 5 January 2008 (EST)
- Animation Namespace — Should be a seperate namespace for discussing animation terminology and technique, and such, independent from description of Synfig features. For example, the "Twelve Principles Of Animation" don't really have anything to do with how to use Synfig's interface, but have everything to do with things being created in Synfig.
- We need a nice MediaWiki Skin to make synfig.org more attractive (See the variation used on http://www.tango-project.org/ for an example of what can be done.)
- This wiki needs to be relicenced to the GPL so we can freely copy stuff between synfig and the wiki. I've said on my user page that stuff I contribute here is public domain.
- Screenshots how do I upload screenshots to the wiki? zenoscope 10:38, 13 Mar 2007 (PDT)
- I don't think uploading is enabled, but you can embed external images in the gallery page pabs 13:24, 13 Mar 2007 (WST)
- Uploading is now enabled PXEGeek Pxegeek 23:55, 11 October 2007 (EDT)
- if that is so, all of the program's button icons should be uploaded ASAP to the gallery. The tutorials are way confusing because you have no way of locating the specific tools each of them talks about Conceit 00:44, 28 Jun 2007 (PDT)
- This wiki is, understandably given the age of the project, scarily confusing. This is a shame, as it's quite a nice-looking site. Also, the problem easily addressed:
- The top items on the toolbar should be Home, About, Download, Bugs, and Forum. These are, after all, what people downloading software really want to see. Gallery and Screenshots come next, I'd imagine, along with Documentation.
- 'Communications' doesn't really make all that much sense: it ought to be renamed 'Community' or something, and with a clearer link to the forums. Can't all that Youtube/Technorati/Flickr stuff be put as links under one page? - makes sense just to append it to Gallery, as that's where people will be going if they want to look at examples. This also means we can make the spiel at the bottom of the Home page less confusing by only having one link in there instead of a million odd.
- I'm suggesting all this rather than doing anything about it because I don't want to make any controversial changes, especially not before having them okayed by whoever's in charge.