English • español • français • Bahasa Indonesia • português • русский • 中文（中国大陆） • 中文（台灣）
- 1 Getting Started
- 2 Editor Documentation
- 3 Administrator Documentation
- 4 Marketing/Sales Documentation
- 5 Pages Currently Developed
- 6 Projects
There you are...
To add translated pages.
To add an additional page just call the page by editing the address in your browser (without ending '/' ). You'll then see a page telling you that this page currently doesn't exist and you can click on "Create" at the top menu. If you don't feel comfortable doing changes in the mains pages, you can start by submitting your changes in the "Discussion" pages ( Alt⇧ ShiftT).
- General Conventions
Pages Currently Developed
These pages are currently under development and do not show up on the official documentation:
(in progress) 2015 --> - Rewrite for 1.x series
In order to update the documentation to follow the 1.0 release, a major revision of the documentation is needed.
In some cases, draft work has already been done in the Talk section of the pages.
According the synfigstudio 1.0 single window (and other changes) UI a global review and update of the screenshots must also be done...see howto in next paragraph.
The documentation can be now rewritten directly on the Pages (It's no longer necessary to use the Talk Pages nor the "Rewrite preparation for 0.65" has modification comment has suggested previously)
Where to start
- Canvas Window Ready for translation - (main rewrite done - polish done)
- Dock Dialogs (outdated by Panels update) : everything related to dock system should be reviewed (rewritten done)
- Something about jack synchro - done : FAQ
- A sound layer tutorial
- A jack tutorial : draft here ---> Jack Audio Synchronization Tutorial
- Tool Options Panel Ready for translation - (main rewrite done)
- Category:File_Menu_%28Toolbox%29 : in progress
- Toolbox : in progress
- Help Menu : in progress
- and : http://wiki.synfig.org/wiki/index.php?title=Special%3ASearch&profile=advanced&search=rewrite+0.65&fulltext=Search&ns0=1&ns1=1&profile=advanced
How to do the Screenshots
For complete recommendations on screenshot creation, see the synfig studio documentation : Screen Shots
- Please make screenshots in default light theme.
- Please keep image width under ~1000px.
- Use generic file notation : image_file_name_current.png. Example File:Render_settings_Dialog_current.png used in Render_dialog (to take advantage of the upgrade image system)
It's possible (and certain) that around the corners, some terminologies have been updated with all the GUI's recent changes. Some parts of the documentation may not reflect all the changes. If you find some... feel free to correct them in wiki original page (+ your native language?) ! (and add it to this list for helping the translation into other languages)
|Old Terminology||New Terminology||Where|
|Children Lock||Lock Selection||Group Layer and Swicth Group Layer|
(todo) 2015 --> - Wikification of Genete's stuff
A lot of documentation resources have been produced by Genete. They are hosted in the cloud. Some of it should be hosted in the wiki, in the dev, or tutorial or .... sections.
please, log here any progress to avoid duplicate work
(done) 2014-2015 - Rewrite preparation for future release 1.0
The documentation can be now rewritten directly on the Page. It's no longer necessary to use the Talk Pages nor the "Rewrite preparation for 0.65" has modification comment has suggested previously.
Have a look at what has already been initiated : http://wiki.synfig.org/wiki/index.php?title=Special%3ASearch&profile=advanced&search=rewrite+0.65&fulltext=Search&ns0=1&ns1=1&profile=advanced
According the synfigstudio 1.0 single window (and other changes) UI a global review and update of the screenshots must be done...
(No more useful)
Write inside Talk:Pages the new feature that will be available in synfig 1.0 in order to not do visible modification until next release is out.
(No more useful)
Suggested work-flow : use "Rewrite preparation for 0.65" has modification comment, and add "Rewrite preparation for 0.65" sentence inside the Talk Page (to get an easy way to retrieve all the pages who need to be updated once 1.0 will be out)
(in progress) 2013 ---> - Terminology rewrite sprint
Have a look in the Forum  for more information.
- (done) - Terminology step of original (English) doc .
- (done - over-dated by 1.0 work) - Screenshot Update step
- (done) - Approve terminology change step on reference page (english)
- (done) - Signal translation pages outdated
- (done) - Banner with the instructions to all translation pages not updated with new terminology
- (done) - Some translation pages have to be renamed. For example "Params Panel/ru" have to become "Parameters Panel/ru". Only admins can do that.
- (todo) - Find a way to work on translation pages outdated
- (todo) - Update the translations step