- 1 Getting Started
- 2 Editor Documentation
- 3 Administrator Documentation
- 4 Marketing/Sales Documentation
- 5 Pages Currently Developed
- 6 Projects
To add an additional page (also translated pages) just call the page by editing the address in your browser. You'll then see a page telling you that this page currently doesn't exist and you can click on "create" at the top menu. If you don't feel comfortable to do changes in the mains pages, you can start by submit your changes in the "Discussion" pages ( ). There you are...
Pages Currently Developed
These pages are currently under development and do not show up on the official documentations
(in progress) 2015 - Rewrite for 1.x series
In order to update the documentation to follow the 1.0 release, a major revision of the documention is needed.
In some cases, draft work have been already done in the Talk section of the pages.
According the synfigstudio 1.0 single window (and other changes) UI a global review and update of the screenshots must also be done...see howto in next paragraph.
The documentation can be now rewrited directly on the Pages (It's no more necessary to use the Talk Pages nor the "Rewrite preparation for 0.65" has modification comment has suggested previously)
Where to start
- Canvas Window
- Something about jack synchro
- A sound layer tutorial
- A jack tutorial
- Tool Options Panel (see talk)
- Toolbox Menu
- Toolbox Help Menu
- and : http://wiki.synfig.org/wiki/index.php?title=Special%3ASearch&profile=advanced&search=rewrite+0.65&fulltext=Search&ns0=1&ns1=1&profile=advanced
How to do the Screenshots
For a complete recommendations on screenshots creation for the synfig studio documentation : Screen Shots
- Please make in default light theme.
- Please try to do not make image bigger than something like 1000px wide.
- Use generic file notation : image_file_name_current.png. Example File:Render_settings_Dialog_current.png used in Render_dialog (to take advantage of the upgrade image system)
It's possible (and certain) that around the corners, some terminologies has been updated with all the gui recent changes. Some part of the documentation may does'nt reflect all the changes. If you found some... feel free to correct them in wiki original page (+ your native langage?) ! (and add it to this list for helping translation in others languages)
|Old Terminology||New Terminology||Where|
|Children Lock||Lock Selection||Group Layer and Swicth Group Layer|
(todo) 2015 - Wikification of Genete's stuff
A lot of documentation stuff has produced by Genete. Actually they are hosted in a cloud. Some should be hosted in the wiki in the dev or tutorial or .... sections.
please, log here any progress to avoid couple work
(done) 2014-2015 - Rewrite preparation for future release 1.0
The documentation can be now rewrited directly on the Page. It's no more necessary to use the Talk Pages nor the "Rewrite preparation for 0.65" has modification comment has suggested previously.
To have a look of what has been already initiate : http://wiki.synfig.org/wiki/index.php?title=Special%3ASearch&profile=advanced&search=rewrite+0.65&fulltext=Search&ns0=1&ns1=1&profile=advanced
According the synfigstudio 1.0 single window (and other changes) UI a global review and update of the screenshots must be done...
(No more useful)
Write inside Talk:Pages the new feature that will be available in synfig 1.0 in order to not do visible modification until next release is out.
(No more useful)
Suggested workflow : use "Rewrite preparation for 0.65" has modification comment, and add "Rewrite preparation for 0.65" sentence inside the Talk Page (to get an easy way to retrieve all the pages who need to be updated once 1.0 will be out)
(in progress) 2013 - Terminology rewrite sprint
Have a look in the Forum  for more informations.
- Terminology step of original (English) doc (done).
- Screenshot Update step (done - overdated by 1.0 work)
- Approve terminology change step on reference page (english) (done)
- Signal translation pages outdated (done)
- Banner with the instructions to all translation pages not updated with new terminology (done)
- Some translation pages have to be renamed. For example "Params Panel/ru" have to become "Parameters Panel/ru". Only admins can do that. (done)
- Find a way to work on translation pages outdated (todo)
- Update the translations step (todo)