It would be good if:
- Right context menu works properly (the Remove layer from a group works and the multiple selection at group dialog works too)
- The Increase Amount and Decrease Amount would pop up like at the layers dialog.
- Fix the Add Group works button.
- Allow drag Groups outside other Groups. Currently you can drag inside but not outside.
I think that current double click is a good behaviour. I would like to listen other opinion on this.--Genete 18:01, 18 December 2007 (EST)
My vote is for
- layers being able to belong to more than one Group...
- Also, the checkbox for the group can't be toggled - I'd expect it to allow you to toggle the checkboxes for all layers in that group by toggling the group checkbox. Right now, it only reflects a check if all the layers are checked on the layer dialog.
My vote would be for consistency with layer selection. Pxegeek 18:55, 18 December 2007 (EST)
- What do you mean? Are you talking about the checkboxes here? If so, I can see two possible meanings for the checkboxes in the group dialog (1) as mirrors of the checkboxes in the layer dialog, namely whether the layer is disabled or not and (2) whether the layer is currently a member of the group or not, ie. a quick way to temporarily exclude a layer or group of layers from its parent group. -- dooglus 02:37, 19 December 2007 (EST)
- Actually, I was talking about single click versus double click for group line item selections. But, regarding checkboxes, right now the group checkboxes just mirror the status of the layers checkboxes. I'd like to be able to toggle layer visibility on and off from the group menu (e.g. to turn off all outlines or shade layers). Right now, you can select a group of layers, and when you switch back to the layer dialog and try to uncheck all the selected layers you just end up selecting the layer under the cursor. Pxegeek 23:23, 19 December 2007 (EST)
Just my humble opinion... BTW Genete - I'm puzzled by your comment "For the moment the "Remove Layer from a Group" right click menu is not working. So, if you really need to remove a layer from a group you should add it to a dummy group and delete the dummy group if you want. Or simply let the layer in that group with no use. " Right clicking and selecting remove layer from group works for me in both the layer and group dialogs. Removing the last layer in the group also deletes the group. Pxegeek 18:55, 18 December 2007 (EST)
- To me the check box is completely immutable (doesn't respond to any click) and the remove layer from group is not working (it prompts to the Add Layer to Group dialog but it doesn't do nothing no matter what you enter in the input box). The comments on that is the workaround I've found. It seems to be another specific Genete's bug ;). --Genete 01:01, 19 December 2007 (EST)
- No, I see the same as you Genete - clicking 'Remove Layers from a Group' (whether on the context menu of the layers dialog or the groups dialog) pops up a dialog asking "Group:Name of the Group to add the Layers to" and seems to ignore whatever I type there. -- dooglus 02:33, 19 December 2007 (EST)
- Yay - something works better in Windows than in Linux! You might want to try a regression - I was using 0.61.06 on my work laptop. You have to specify the group you want to remove it from in the "Group:Name of the Group to add the Layers to" (looks like the 'add' is a cut & paste bug in the code, but I haven't found out where this dialog box is generated). Pxegeek 23:23, 19 December 2007 (EST)
- Yes, the 'add' in the remove dialog is a cut and paste error in the code - need to patch :-
- synfig-studio\src\synfigapp\actions\groupremovelayers.cpp line 73
- s/Layer to be added to group/Layer to be removed from group
- synfig-studio\src\synfigapp\actions\groupremovelayers.cpp line 79
- s/Name of the Group to add the Layers to/Name of the group to remove the Layers from
- Pxegeek 01:05, 20 December 2007 (EST)
Looking at the code in LayerGroupTree.cpp, it looks like the intent for groups was to allow groups of layers to be editable in otherwise locked frames, judging by the code that's commented out.... Pxegeek 00:34, 20 December 2007 (EST)
The remove from group option does work for me now in Synfig 0.62.0. Edited the wiki to reflect this. Anyone still having issues with this? --Rylleman 12:10, 20 July 2010 (UTC)