Tuesday, October 9, 2007 by dooglus
At long last, we have a new release! There have been lots of changes since the last release 4 months ago. This release fixes lots of bugs, and adds a few minor new features. Overall stability should be much improved, but you still need to apply a workaround to get decent stability on multi-core Windows machines.
Read on for the list of changes since the last release.
ETL 0.04.10 - Bug fixes
- Fix dirname for absolute paths (#1793306)
- Fix minor issues and typos
- Various changes to the 'angle' code. 89+360 < 90; 90 == 90+360, !360 is true, etc.
- Resolve confusion about whether angles are clockwise, and whether they're stored in radians.
- Fix 'make check' for 'fixed' so that it doesn't fail. Tidy the output, too.
- Fix importing on amd64 (#1692825)
- Fixes for the PasteCanvas layer (#1356449)
- Clean up Layer menu and displayed layer names
- Allow exported canvases to be used in more than one place within a canvas (#1785296)
- Fix, extend, and enable the 'XOR Pattern' layer
- Fix and extend the 'Plant' layer (#1790903)
- Turn on plant layer (gunsmoke) in macwolfen.sifz example
- Use 'fast gaussian' rather than 'gaussian' for blurs in pirates.sifz - it's faster!
- Fix and enable the 'Timed Swap' valuenode conversion
- Extend the 'Linear' valuenode conversion to work with colors and integers.
- Enable basic motion blur display at all qualities
- Fix an artifact on the curve gradient layer (#1792063
- Add the 'Range', 'Repeat Gradient', 'Add', 'Exponent' valuenode conversions
- Add the 'BLine Vector', and 'BLine Tangent' valuenode conversions (#1781903)
- Fix problems with valuenode conversion (#1794374, #1795913, #1795922, #1796068, #1797488)
- Allow gradients to be animated (#1568818, #1795802)
- Stop TCB angle waypoints changing to type Linear on load (#1778930)
- Use compression when saving to files with .sifz extension
- Compressed example .sif files to .sifz to save space
- Fixed Motion Blur layer (#1800783)
- Allow building studio with gcc -O2 (#1509627)
- Allow encapsulated layers to animate their z-depth, even when time-shifted (#1806852)
- Fixed the Radial Blur layer when zooming in on the canvas (#1807709)
- Fix several other bugs and crashes
- Fix some tooltips and menu stuff (#1787437)
- Allow left-right scrolling in canvas window with shift + mouse-wheel
- Rework mouse interaction with ducks and tangents
- Move icons to a subdir
- Fix some typos, several crashes (#1780016, #1785598) and other bugs
- Re-enable sketch, draw, polygon by default
- Add keyboard shortcuts for all tools
- Fix crash when setting canvas resolution to zero (#1779616)
- Add 'auto-export' checkbox and layer name box to the draw tool
- Various GUI fixes (#1794006, #1796110)
- File-selector fixes (#1383736)
- Fix the View>Play menu entry to allow playback inside the workarea, shortcut Ctrl-P
- Save to .sifz (compressed) format by default if no extension is given
- Remember the path used when saving a document and default to it in future
- Call new documents "Synfig Animation " by default, rather than "untitled0"
- Don't quit until the user clearly answers "do you want to save?" (#1799722)
- Remember the filename the animation was last rendered to, and default to it (#1799250)
- Improved the 'Groups' function a little (#1368694). It's still quite broken
- Fixed the colors displayed on the sliders in the Color Editor dialog
- Added option to Bline Tool to allow positions to be automatically linked (#1776156)
- Added menu entry to restore all dialogs to their default positions
- Fix red "Animate Editing Mode" frame so it shows up in all themes (#1801220)
- Allow user to "export SYNFIG_DISABLE_POPUP_WINDOWS=1" to make splash screen etc. less obtrusive
- Fixed the logic used to decide which value to use when linking values together
- Update child canvas time sliders when parent time slider is moved
- Prevent the caret menu entries from being disabled when another canvas is closed
- Show the correct initial quality level in the View > Preview Quality menu