Difference between revisions of "Releases/0.61.08"
From Synfig Studio :: Documentation
m (rearranged a little)
Revision as of 01:54, 11 February 2008
0.04.11 (SVN 1???) - February ??, 2008 - Bug fixes
* Update the website URL to http://synfig.org/ instead of synfig.com.
* Removed the 'bootstrap' script for building. Use autoreconf instead.
* Fixed errors and warnings detected by a pre-release version of g++ 4.3.
* Make ETL-config a wrapper around pkg-config. Patch by Ralf Corsepius <firstname.lastname@example.org>
0.61.08 (SVN 1???) - February ??, 2008 - Bug fixes
* Synfig is now translatable using gettext. Currently only a Spanish translation exists.
* Build ----- Removed the 'bootstrap' script for building. Use autoreconf instead.
Fixed errors and warnings detected by a pre-release version of g++ 4.3.
* Layers ------ New layer, 'Duplicate'. This is an experimental feature, but seems to work quite well. It can be used to clone the layers under it multiple times. ( http://synfig.org/Duplicate_Layer )
* PasteCanvas ----------- Prevent a "bad_alloc" error in the 'PasteCanvas' layer caused by the bounding boxes changing when the user changes parameters while rendering.
Allow zooming furter in to nested PasteCanvas layers. http://sourceforge.net/support/tracker.php?aid=1809480
* Plant Layer ----------- New parameter "reverse" in the Plant layer allows plants to be rendered back-to-front.
Fix: Use the 'width' of each blinepoint in the plant layer to affect the velocities. Patch from genete. http://sourceforge.net/support/tracker.php?aid=1831897
Add the 'offset' parameter to the Plant layer.
Don't let 'select all' select the green ducks of a plant layer.
Do some sanity checking on Plant layer parameters.
* Stretch ------- Prevent a crash when rendering a 'Stretch' layer with zero x or y amount. http://sourceforge.net/support/tracker.php?aid=1823082
Make the 'Stretch' layer's "amount" duck be relative to the center duck.
* Text ---- Allow multibyte characters in the Text layer. Patch by Niki W. Waibel. http://sourceforge.net/support/tracker.php?aid=1852208
First step towards fixing the problem of distorted 'Text' layers not rendering correctly at tile borders.
* Misc ---- Shade: Make the quality of the 'Shade' layer worse at quality 10 than it is at quality 9!
Shape: Rename the 'Position' parameter to 'Offset' for all the 'Shape' layers.
Spherize: Fix clipping for tile-based rendering in Spherize layer.
Star: New parameter "regular polygon" in the 'Star' layer allows regular polygons to be drawn.
Time Loop: New version 0.2 of the 'Time Loop' layer. It uses the same parameters as the newly added Time Loop ValueNode.
Warp: Fix a problem with the 'Warp' layer where some tiles weren't being rendered.
* ValueNodes ---------- Add new type: 'Cos', to calculate cosines. ( http://wiki.synfig.com/Convert#Cos )
Add new type: 'Duplicate', only used by the Duplicate layer. ( http://synfig.org/Convert#Duplicate )
Add new type: 'From Integer', to convert integers to other types for linking to. Currently disabled. ( http://synfig.org/Convert#From_Integer )
Add new type: 'Random', to generate pseudo-random values. ( http://synfig.org/Convert#Random )
Add new type: 'Reciprocal', to calculate reciprocals. ( http://synfig.org/Convert#Reciprocal )
Add new type: 'Reverse Tangent', to reverse the direction of tangents. ( http://synfig.org/Convert#Reverse_Tangent )
Add new type: 'Switch', to switch between two alternative values. ( http://synfig.org/Convert#Switch )
Add new type: 'Time Loop', to allow individual parameters to be time looped, like the Time Loop layer, but for individual parameters. ( http://synfig.org/Convert#Time_Loop )
Add new type: 'aTan2', to calculate inverse tangents. ( http://synfig.org/Convert#aTan2 )
Extended types: 'Add' and 'Subtract' now work with gradients.
* Targets ------- Fix one memory leak and one filehandle leak in target 'png'..
Fix the ffmpeg/dv/imagemagick targets/importers on Windows.
Improved the 'imagemagick' target so it can create a series of numbered images.
Fixed the 'mng' and 'yuv420p' targets.
Security fixes: arbitrary code execution when rendering specially crafted .sif files.
Show which output target is used if it has been chosen automatically, not specified by the user.
* Blend Methods ------------- Don't accept illegal values for 'blend_method'. Use 'Composite' instead.
Re-enable the 'alpha brighten' and 'alpha darken' blend methods.
Fix the 'straight', 'straight onto' and 'alpha brighten' blend methods. Even completely transparent pixels in the top layer should affect the result of these blends. Existing .sif files which relied on the previously broken behavior should still render correctly for the most part.
* Canvases -------- Fix a crash that was happening if we had 2 exported canvases in a .sif file where the 2nd contained a pastecanvas that used the 1st as its canvas. The canvases are destructed in the order in which they appear in the .sif file, so by the time the 2nd is destroyed, the pastecanvas it contains no longer has a valid canvas parameter. The fix is to clear the canvas parameter of any pastecanvases using a canvas when the canvas itself is destroyed.
Encapsulations containing imported images fail to clone properly http://sourceforge.net/support/tracker.php?aid=1838132
* SIF Files --------- Refer the user to 'http://synfig.org/Convert#Compatibility' if we try to load a .sif file that uses a not-yet-implemented ValueNode type, or that tries using a ValueNode with a type which it doesn't yet support.
Changed the .sif file format. 'Composite' and 'Radial Composite' ValueNodes used to be saved with obscure XML element names <c1>, <c2>, etc. Now we use more readable names <point>, <width>, etc. The old version is still accepted, and can still be written by selecting the old version from the "Save As..." dialog. The new format will not be accepted by previous releases of Synfig.
New Feature: Allow saving .sif files in formats that can be read by versions 0.61.07 and older.
Add information about which valuenode types were added in which release. Don't save new types in old format files.
Fix: Prevent a crash when loading a .sif file with 'use=""' in it.
Fix: Prevent studio crashing when loading a document that contains an unknown valuenode type from a newer version of synfig. Simply refuse to load the document instead. http://sourceforge.net/support/tracker.php?aid=1811250
* Misc ---- Don't render feathering of circles or shapes (ie. outlines, regions, stars, polygons, etc), or motion blur, blur, or radial blur layers when the quality is 10.
New feature: allow importing of lipsynced voice animations from Papagayo http://sourceforge.net/support/tracker.php?aid=1879688
Fix: Inserting a new item into a list in animation mode caused unpredicatable renders before the time of insertion. http://sourceforge.net/support/tracker.php?aid=1841280
Fix: The hex color code parser is much more forgiving now. Previously spaces before or after the color code would cause it to fail.
Fix: Don't treat the required values of command line flags as flags themselves. http://sourceforge.net/support/tracker.php?aid=1695735
Fix: Initialise the 'time_last_changed' when creating a Node. Previously it was being left at a random value.
0.61.08 (SVN 1???) - February ??, 2008 - Bug fixes
* Synfig Studio is now translatable using gettext. Currently Franch and Spanish translations exist.
* Build ----- Fixed errors and warnings detected by a pre-release version of g++ 4.3.
Fixes to allow sigc++ 2.1 and newer to be used. http://sourceforge.net/support/tracker.php?aid=1859663
Removed the 'bootstrap' script for building. Use autoreconf instead.
* Settings -------- Added the option to run everything in the same thread. It doesn't work very well, and seems to cause more problems than it solves.
Default 'end time' for new canvases to 5s instead of 0. That's one less thing a new user then needs to edit to start making his first animation. Also, don't show the intimidating canvas properties dialog when a new composition is created, just use the defaults. Set environment variable "SYNFIG_ENABLE_NEW_CANVAS_EDIT_PROPERTIES" to revert this change locally.
If no documents are specified to be loaded on the command line at start-up, create a new empty document so the novice user can get started straight away. If environment variable SYNFIG_DISABLE_AUTOMATIC_DOCUMENT_CREATION is set, don't create a blank document on startup, even if no documents were specified on the command line. I'll add proper configuration items within the gui for this and other recent changes soon.
Add a setting in the gui for the auto-backup interval.
* Draw Tool --------- Fixed the 'fill last stroke' button in the drawing tool.
Rearrange the drawing tool options a little. Instead of 'region only' have checkboxes for 'region' and 'fill', like in the bline tool, so now it's possible to draw regions and outlines together.
Fix: When drawing an outline and a region at the same time, put the outline just on top of the region. http://sourceforge.net/support/tracker.php?aid=1829172
Fix: Always leave only the newly created layers selected. http://sourceforge.net/support/tracker.php?aid=1830245
* About ----- Fix: Change the about dialog to a splash screen and implement a new about dialog based on Gtk::AboutDialog. Still need to connect it up to configure.ac though. http://sourceforge.net/support/tracker.php?aid=1678554 http://sourceforge.net/support/tracker.php?aid=1741220
Fix: Show the correct SVN revision id in the about dialog. http://sourceforge.net/support/tracker.php?aid=1797745
* Linking ------- When linking simple values, use the value from the topmost layer.
Attempting to link a duck from the Children panel with other ducks was causing an error. Now it isn't.
* Quality ------- Change the default quality to 8. It makes shade layers render better without much impact on speed.
Label the preview qualities "best" and "fastest" because it's not clear that higher numbers mean lower qualities.
* Files ----- When doing a 'Save As', default to saving in the same directory that the file was loaded from, if any.
Remember separate default directories for opening and writing each of animations, images, sketches, rendered output, and "miscellaneous".
* BLine Tool ---------- Allow the bline tool to draw plants as well as outlines, regions, and curvegradients.
When the bline tool is creating new layers, arrange the new layers in the order: Outline - Region - Plant - Gradient, so that each layer is at least somewhat visible. Rename the "*layer_bline*" variables to "*layer_outline*" since they represent outlines specifically.
* Waypoints --------- Fix ugly waypoint drawing by rounding to integer values symmetrically. The improvement can be seen in .
Improve the waypoint context menus. Now it's possible to delete and duplicate complete trees of waypoints at once. The 'change interp' functionality has been extended too, so now it's possible to set the interpolation type for the whole waypoint from the context menu as well as just the side that was clicked on, and it's possible for single waypoints as well.
Fix a crash when editing a waypoint with a non-static value.
Attach the "(Non-static value)" label into the waypoint dialog.
Experimental: "export SYNFIG_SHOW_CANVAS_PARAM_WAYPOINTS=1" to see canvas parameter waypoints, not canvas content waypoints in PasteCanvas layers. Doesn't work too well - dragging the waypoints doesn't work, for instance.
When a PasteCanvas' "time offset" parameter shifts the timing of its sub-canvas, the waypoints of that subcanvas are now displayed shifted accordingly.
* Time ---- Allow manual editing of the current time in the workarea window.
Don't expand time fields to their full format (eg. "1s" -> "0h 0m 1s 0f") when they get keyboard focus. export SYNFIG_SHOW_FULL_TIME_ON_FOCUS=1 will restore the old behaviour.
Make sure the time entry box shows the correct time - rounded to an integer number of frames.
Improve the range of different scales used on the timeslider. Previously 3 fps animations were having the timeslider labelled "0.75f, 1.5f, ..." rather than "1f, 2f, ...".
Subdivide the space between labels on the timeslider sensibly. Don't divide a 5 second gap into 4 parts of 1.25 seconds each, for instance.
Set minimum and maximum zoom levels for the timescroller.
Allow the use of horizontal scrolling to adjust the current time in timeslider widgets.
Improve the algorithm for determining the number of tick marks to put between pairs of labels in the timeslider widgets. It's better to divide 5 minutes into 5 tics of 1 minute each than 6 ticks of 50 seconds each, for example.
Added a new icon for values of type "Time", thanks to genete.
* Windows ------- Rename "Dialogs" to "Panels" for the dockable windows.
My panels were drifting one or two pixels each time I started studio. This seems to be window-manager dependent. I've added environment variables to allow adjusting the drift to stop it. SYNFIG_WINDOW_POSITION_X_OFFSET and SYNFIG_WINDOW_POSITION_Y_OFFSET. Setting them both to 1 stops the drift for me in xfwm4.
Remember the position and size of the color and gradient dialogs even if they're not displayed when studio exits.
Applied patch from IL'dar AKHmetgaleev aka AkhIL to allow different pixel sizes in the workarea window. control-'(' and control-')' make the pixels bigger and smller.
Fix: If the window positions and sizes seem to be corrupted, give them sensible values to prevent them being created offscreen. http://sourceforge.net/support/tracker.php?aid=1836848
* Console Window -------------- Show a very simple message in the console on start-up so as not to scare people when they see an empty terminal window 'doing nothing'.
Show a similar message in the console on start-up if Studio is already running, to let the user know what is happening.
* Toolbox Window -------------- Allow adjustment of the default brush size using horizontal scrolling over the preview graphic.
With the re-enabling of 'Alpha Brighten', the toolbox has become a little wider. Some foreign translations of the blend method could also push it wider. And since we have 15 tool icons by default, I've made the toolbox 5 icons wide instead of 4, and rearranged them slightly. The top row is now all for "moving ducks", the middle row for "drawing stuff", and the bottom row is more drawing on the left and looking at stuff (eyedrop, zoom) on the right.
* Workarea Window --------------- Added environment variable SYNFIG_DISABLE_TILE_RENDER which when set will prevent the tile renderer from being used.
If environment variable "SYNFIG_SHOW_TILE_OUTLINES" is defined, draw red outlines around tiles as they are rendered. For debugging purposes.
Indicate that a canvas is unsaved by putting a '*' in front of its name.
The popup caret menu was disabled for some tools. New environment variable SYNFIG_ENABLE_POPUP_MENU_IN_ALL_TOOLS re-enables the popup menu when set. Should this be the default? Comments please to the bug report. http://sourceforge.net/support/tracker.php?aid=1829182
Fix: Studio was crashing sometimes when closing a document. http://sourceforge.net/support/tracker.php?aid=1850637
Fix: Studio occasionally renders the tiles in the wrong places. This was happening when the canvas was one pixel greater than an integer number of tiles wide, and low-resolution rendering (the default) was enabled. http://sourceforge.net/support/tracker.php?aid=1824437
Don't hide and reshow the workarea window when the user clicks the 'X' button to close it. http://sourceforge.net/support/tracker.php?aid=1682008
Add checkboxes to the toggleable entries in the view menu.
Add 'new', 'open' and 'quit' to the caret>file menu.
Change the default 'toggle onion skin' keyboard shortcut from control-o (which is the stock binding for 'open') to alt-o.
* Preview Window -------------- Fix: Crash closing preview window before using it. http://sourceforge.net/support/tracker.php?aid=1835429
* Canvas Properties Dialog ------------------------ New environment variable: 'SYNFIG_DISABLE_NEW_CANVAS_EDIT_PROPERTIES'. When set, don't pop up the canvas properties dialog when creating a new document.
Fix a problem with the canvas properties dialog. It wasn't possible to edit both the 'name' and the renddesc parameters at the same time before.
By default, set "use current frame" in the render dialog to off. When "use current frame" is on, disable the Time tab's frame.
Disable the 'Time' tab when "use current frame" is checked.
Don't allow the user to set the 'ID' of exported canvases to be empty.
* Layers Panel ------------ Allow the layer panel to be sorted by layer name. Resize the layer name column to fit the layer names. Rename the "Layer" column to "Name".
* Groups Panel ------------ Allow layers to be removed from groups without the user having to type the name of the group they are in.
* Params Panel ------------ Added a 'Type' column to the parameter dialog so it's possible to tell an 'Add' from a 'Subtract' convert for example.
* Children Panel -------------- Renaming exported ValueNodes no longer causes a crash. http://sourceforge.net/support/tracker.php?aid=1823053
* History Panel ------------- The entries that appear in the History panel are now more explicit; they mostly now give details of the operation rather than just a generic fixed string, making it easier to navigate through the history. For example "Remove Layer 'left leg'" will show up rather than just "Remove Layer".
When the user types in the History dialog, search for any text in the 'name' column that matches the text. Previously it was only searching for names matching at the beginning.
* Targets ------- Fix the 'auto' render target selection, so it automatically choses the target type each time based on the filename.
Added new target 'magick++' for rendering multiple images to a single file using Magick++.
* Ducks ----- Always draw 'real' ducks on the right hand side of the circle they define. Previously, canvases with a negative horizontal pixel width were drawing it on the left.
Add an option to restrict 'radius' ducks to the top right corner of the plane. This allows us to easily set their value to zero by dragging down and left. Thanks to Zelgadis on IRC for the suggestion. See "Toolbox > File > Setup > Misc > Restrict Real-Valued Ducks...".
Show the size of circles as they are drawn using the draw tool.
Give slight priority to radius ducks. That way, it's possible to select the radius duck for a circle with radius zero. Previously the position duck would usually be selected instead.
* Misc ---- New feature: Angles are not wrapped modulo 360 degrees. It's possible to animate from 0 to 361 degrees and see a full rotation, rather than seeing it shortcutting as it was previously. It's also now possible to drag angle ducks around their origin multiple times and have the rotations count. http://sourceforge.net/support/tracker.php?aid=1827966
Fix: Exported canvases weren't being deleted on shutdown, due to a handle never being released. http://sourceforge.net/support/tracker.php?aid=1868911
Fix: Use the 'C' locale when loading and saving sketches. Not doing so was causing load/save failures in Spanish locales. http://sourceforge.net/support/tracker.php?aid=1830670