The Zoom Tool allows you to move closer to, or further away from, objects that are being edited in the working area. Note that the Zoom Tool does not affect the output render as described in the Render options
Click on the Zoom Tool button to activate. Now try the following:
- Click anywhere in the working area: it will zoom to 125% of the current level. The zoom will be centered such that the point clicked on remains in the same position.
- + click anywhere in the working area: it will zoom to 80% of the current level. (Notice that 80% of 125 is 100, so zooming in one step and out one step will leave you back at the original zoom level).
- Click at any place and drag to create a rectangle: it will zoom to fit the rectangle in the current working window.
- Click at any place and drag to create a rectangle, holding as you release the mouse button: it will zoom out to fit the current working window in the rectangle.
Alternatively you can always use the existing mouse short cuts for that task ( + mouse wheel) or the zoom buttons at the left bottom corners of the working area.
They do following:
- Zoom in to 125% of the current zoom level
- Zoom to 100% (press again and restore last zoom)
- Zoom to fit the window (press again an restore last zoom)
- Zoom out to 80% of the current zoom level