Pages on this wiki are grouped into collections called "namespaces", which differentiate between the purpose of the pages at a high level. Pages in certain namespaces can also have special properties or behave differently when they interact with other pages.
Namespaces are indicated in page titles by prefixing the page name with "namespace:", so the prefix "Meta:" in this page's title ("Meta:Wiki Structure") indicates that this page is in the Meta namespace. Note, however, that colons and prefixes can also appear in page titles without indicating a namespace: The page Foo:Wiki Structure is a page located in the Main namespace because the namespace "Foo" does not exist (the "Main namespace" does not have a prefix). Similarly the page Meta:Foo:Wiki Structure is in the "Meta" namespace.
You can read more about namespaces here.
If you are creating a new page in this wiki, please consider putting it into the correct namespace.
Here's a list of defined namespaces and their descriptions:
- Main - These pages describe concepts and definitions. Usually they are part of the Reference or Glossary. Remember, that pages in the Main namespace have no prefix, that makes them easy to reference from other pages.
- Doc - This namespace is for manual and tutorials pages. Generally they are dedicated to describing some process, i.e. Doc:Creating Shapes, Doc:Animation Basics.
- Command - Pages in this category describe functionality of commands from Synfig menus (i.e. Command:Open, Command:Save_as).
- Dev - These pages are to help developers and/or to describe project functionalities as they are implemented, i.e. Dev:Roadmap.
- Meta - These pages deal with the wiki itself, its usage, development and standards.
Just like in any other wiki based on MediaWiki engine, you will find the following built-in namespaces:
- Category - Categories pages.
- User - In your user page you’re quite free to add anything you want (should be related to Synfig though). Please avoid spamming with links to commercial sites unrelated to Synfig.