pabs is back from sailing the high seas and into the thick of synfig stuff.
While he was away:
- lots of patches were sent in
- some patches were applied to svn
- a new unofficial Win32 build was created
- questions were asked on irc
Stuff achieved for the next release:
- We have a Win32 build maintainer, for at least a year (welcome Atrus)!
- g++ no longer seems to miscompile synfig and if it does there is a simple workaround
- the OOM condition when building synfigstudio on non-i386 platforms may not occur, this needs testing
- Lots of crashers and other bugs fixed
- A couple of small features added
- Some parts of the UI were reworked
Things that still need to be fixed for the release:
- We need a MacOS build maintainer and a good MacOS build (preferably a universal build).
Things that we probably should fix, not sure if they are release blockers or not, please provide feedback about this:
- The synfigstudio gif, dv, ffmpeg and imagemagick targets still crash. synfig ones are fine though.
Stuff that would be nice, but isn't essential:
- Move away from the bootstrap scripts to autoreconf
- Make synfig and synfigstudio relocatable (ala portableapps.com)
- Fix all the bugs and add all the feature requests
- Achieve world peace :)