Wiki Wish List
If, you're looking for a feature that you need in Synfig but aren't sure exists, PLEASE list it on the Wish list instead.
If you've come here looking for help, and you've found its documentation hasn't been written yet, post it here. That way, we'll know what to work on documenting next!
But isn't this what Talk pages are for? artm
- Proper Multi-language mechanism. We have page called Getting Started and the same page on Russian - Первое знакомство. Is there a way to create a navigation mechanism like in wikipedia.org, to see if there is a translations of current page for other languages exists. Something like automated generated list of available translations displaying on each page: "This page in other languages: English, German, Russian." --Zelgadis 12:17, 1 January 2008 (EST)
- Where can I find out about how to do this? BTW, it would be good if you could join IRC. --pabs 17:45, 1 January 2008 (EST)
- I don't know how it exactly could be done, but maybe this links could help:
- MultiLanguageManager: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:MultiLanguageManager
- Another interesting approach - here all pages have English names, translations are subpages: http://www.art122-5.net/index.php/MediaWiki_Multi-language
- Other links: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Internationalization, http://osdir.com/ml/org.wikimedia.mediawiki/2005-03/msg00183.html
- I think, the way how translation mechanism will be realized must be discussed. I like more the second way (with subpages), as it could help us handle a wiki structure - namespaces and other things. --Zelgadis 01:24, 2 January 2008 (EST)
- Maybe we could use not the "PageName/en" for English and "PageName/ru" for Russian, but just "PageName" for English and "PageName.ru" for Russian. This would minimize the modifications of the most pages on the wiki. But I'm not sure, as it could cause additional problems in case of renaming pages. --Zelgadis 01:36, 2 January 2008 (EST)
- WikiTranslation proposal --Zelgadis 09:20, 5 January 2008 (EST)
- Animation Namespace — Should be a seperate namespace for discussing animation terminology and technique, and such, independent from description of Synfig features. For example, the "Twelve Principles Of Animation" don't really have anything to do with how to use Synfig's interface, but have everything to do with things being created in Synfig.
- We need a nice MediaWiki Skin to make synfig.org more attractive (See the variation used on http://www.tango-project.org/ for an example of what can be done.)
- This wiki needs to be relicenced to the GPL so we can freely copy stuff between synfig and the wiki. I've said on my user page that stuff I contribute here is public domain.