This page contains outdated information.
The release of Synfig Studio 0.64.0 introduced new terminology and this translated page needs to be updated according to original English text.
You can help updating this page - see instructions here. Thank you!
getting more developers involved
- improving the website (perhaps drupal)
- well designed website attracts talented developers
- talk about synfig in public forums (planet debian, slashdot, blogs, Flash/Designer forums)
- need a headline
- need to put a good face forward
- talk to the tango folks about creating some icons for us
- some cool, short animation examples links at the webpage
- better documentation, perhaps in docbook format
website is just a directory on the sf.net shell/web server, adding ppl to the sf.net project gives them permissions to edit files/etc
- darco -> find out about and followup the hosting offer
- xerakko -> try to find a web designer to do a professional work.
- riggzy -> a "how to get involved" document
- pabs -> link to the source files from the gallery
- darco -> add some more source .sif files to svn
- someone?? -> move gallery/screenshots pages into darcness
perhaps best to focus on developer blogs
- pabs -> advogato
- xerakko -> planet debian
- someone?? -> research headlines for synfig-based movie release
darco: You know what, the founding of something like "the Synfig Foundation" or something would likely be enough for a digg or slashdot, if positioned correctly
darco: To make that happen, we need the following: Legal advice, a board of directors/advisors, someone to write up the bylaws, etc
pabs3: researching what happened with blender and perhaps xaralx would help there I think darco
darco: I wouldn't mind throwing in a few grand to kick it off
darco: I'll also research how the JSF was founded
- pabs -> write to the inkscape & tango lists
- darco -> list features not finished or not used at voria
- someone?? -> patch source to disable them by default
adding new people
pabs proposes to add xerakko, Riggzy and AdrianW, darco wants to to have defined roles.
- xerakko -> manual (docbook)
- darco -> give xerakko svn access
- pabs -> add xerakko, adrianw and riggzy access to sf.net
add g++ 4.1 problem
- xerakko -> look at and apply Bombe's UI patch