Difference between revisions of "Dev:Wish list"
(Smaller images for == Improve the Timeline ==)
m (Add translation bar.)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
'''''Warning''''': We need more people working on the code if we are going to be able to achieve all the feature requests.
'''''Warning''''': We need more people working on the code if we are going to be able to achieve all the feature requests.
Revision as of 15:16, 27 August 2009
Warning: We need more people working on the code if we are going to be able to achieve all the feature requests.
Got a great idea for a new feature? Just add it here, or on the feature requests tracker. Before you do, please check the etl, synfig and synfigstudio TODO files for similar ideas. Please add a rating of how essential this feature is to your workflow according to the following scale:
- "Well, it might be nifty. To someone."
- "I probably would make use this"
- "It's not essential, but I'd really like to have this at my disposal."
- "Synfig would be soooo much better with this change"
- "I can't/won't use Synfig without it!"
- 1 Misc
- 2 Interchangeable/customizing Splash screen
- 3 Verbosity levels for error output
- 4 Usage screen for new users
- 5 Keyboard shortcuts for panning
- 6 Linking Zoom layer to Paste Canvas
- 7 Convert Strings
- 8 Non scalable timeline
- 9 Smart linking of tangents
- 10 Movement blur effect
- 11 Morph sets
- 12 Render time approximation
- 13 Smartrendering
- 14 get_color method in text and radial blur
- 15 Full functional of group dialog
- 16 import/export .swf files
- 17 import/export .svg frames sequence, and/or .svg animations
- 18 a realtime .sif synchronized text window
- 19 choosing colour from gimp/inkscape palettes
- 20 Good high-level documentation of the source code
- 21 Mathematical functions to animate
- 22 Warning about editing bizarre things in animate editing mode
- 23 Bones with FK & IK + grouping of objects into folders
- 24 Animated sketch
- 25 Duck for Amount value in Zoom layer
- 26 Automatic colour palette optimisation
- 27 Arbitrary Color Channels
- 28 Autorecover History
- 29 Layer Convert
- 30 Vector fill bucket
- 31 redraw tool
- 32 Gnome HIG Compliance
- 33 Feedback for Smooth Move Tool
- 34 Networkability
- 35 Intuitive tangent modification
- 36 Plugin API
- 37 Python support
- 38 mod_synfig
- 39 synfig nsplugin
- 40 Align function
- 41 Improved SVG import
- 42 Gradient Paint Tool
- 43 Bone Animation Tools
- 44 AVI Backgrounds
- 45 Character tool on Tool Options Dialog
- 46 Collect for Publication
- 47 Object Library
- 48 Flash Export
- 49 Single window
- 50 Export Wizard
- 51 Using Synfig as a portable app
- 52 Allow organize child valuenodes in an hierarchy
- 53 Triangle sliders to be always visible
- 54 XICC support
- 55 Area to Edit
- 56 Histograms
- 57 Sound Layer
- 58 Rearrange the view of waypoints for Canvas param
- 59 Width weigths
- 60 Improved Colour Dialog
- 61 Insert Waypoints
- 62 Automatically split tangeants
- 63 A way to link params without exporting
- 64 Allow select the origin of rotation when using the Rotate Tool
- 65 Labels for rows in the Timetrack window 
- 66 Non-symetrical but "smooth" tangents on ducks
- 67 Dockable windows
- 68 Combining the installations files
- 69 A Particle Tool/Particle Object Editor
- 70 A programation language as code behind like python, ruby or any
- 71 Embedding animation on web applications
- 72 Split Tangent indicator
- 73 Guide lines
- 74 Progress indicators
- 75 Improve the Timeline
- 76 Lockable Layers
- 77 Vector Objects
- 78 Free drawing
Please clean this section up as desired.
- A different color dialog for picking/changing colors easier.
- A color wheel like inkscape has (or the same) [done]
- Swatch menu from gimp with .gpl files.
- Workflow improvements, like content help and ui-refinement.
- set the fine line between design and animation work.
- Greet the user at startup, give hints and help in the ui to better the usability and user-experience.
- test synfig cross-platform (Linux, Windows, Mac)
- Installer for windows [done]
- Pluggable App (run from memory stick)
- make a short film about synfigs capabilitys in a starwars kind of spaceship setting as promo video about 3 minutes long.
- Sound layer
- full tablet support
- small set of vector contend for fast animation results
- Help is available as pdf-file and distributed with the program
- Import rastergraphics png, jpg, tif [done]
- Import vectorgraphics (svg,fig)
- Render output to animated gif [done]
- Render output to png, bmp, OpenEXR [done]
- Render output to animated PNG
- Export vectorgraphics (svg,fig)
Interchangeable/customizing Splash screen
 GIMP has this feature of letting users GIMP's splash screen. GIMP looks for
samples directory under
.gimp-2.x then randomly picks a picture from it to become the spash image.
This will also help GNU/Linux distro, like Ubuntu, to adopt Synfig and put their logo on the splash screen.
Also, official Synfig distribution can pack sample arts created by other artists to be randomly displayed -- like the synfig.org's title's background image.
Verbosity levels for error output
Synfigstudio needs verbosity levels for the error output. Levels are info, warning and error. Make sure, to spew out only errors when something nasty happens. If someone wants to know all what happens in synfigstudio, the user should activate a higher level of verbosity with the command line switch --verbose=all,info,warning
Usage screen for new users
Synfig and Synfigstudio need a usage screen, which helps a new user to type in the right syntax on the command line. Any switch not known to the program should point to the usage screen. On the bottom of the usage screen could be a hint: " For more help use synfig --help"
Keyboard shortcuts for panning
The navigation and canvas windows need shortcut keys that pan the canvas view horizontally and vertically. Probably just the arrow keys would work for this, as well as the home/end/pageup/pagedown keys. Ctrl and shift variants could make the panning more or less.
- You can pan with a middle mouse button. --Zelgadis 00:59, 24 October 2008 (EDT)
Linking Zoom layer to Paste Canvas
 It is impossible to link Center of Zoom layer to Origin of Paste Canvas without exporting a value. It often needed for pans & zooms. Suggestion: rename "Center" parameter of Zoom Layer to the "Origin". Will improve the workflow. --Zelgadis
 It could be very good to have feature to represent Convert sequences as strings and vice versa - make convert sequences from strings. Example: To produce this convert sequence:
I just right-click on "Origin" parameter and choosing "String Convert" menu item. In the appeared dialog I just entering: "=Composite(Scale(x, Switch(scalar, 1.0, 0)), y)".
Also if I clicking on the parameter already containing convert sequence and choosing "String Convert", it shows string representation of current convert sequence with an ability to edit.
This feature will make possible to easy copy convert sequences from one parameter to another. --Zelgadis 03:46, 2 November 2008 (EST)
Non scalable timeline
 It should be useful for me to have non scalable timeline. It's hard to set timing when the distance between frames is always different in different documents and in different situations. Suggestion: make a non-scalable mode for timeline, where 1 second interval is always the same. Will improve the workflow. --Zelgadis
 As described in Sewing BLines, when linking red tangent to yellow they are placed opposite against each other. This is normal from the program's point of view, but not normal for new users. Even more, to avoid this effect user needs to made some complex steps (see Sewing BLines#Solution). It takes a lot of time if we vahe lot of verticles to sew their tangents.
- When linking tangents with the same color, program should act as usual.
- When linking tangents with different color program should automaticaly add Convert->Scale (-1) to avoid their opposite placement.
To allow linking two tangents in opposite position, I suggest to add a new menu option for tangents "Link Opposite". When linking two tangents with this option:
- When linking tangents with the different color, program should act as it acts now - no additional converts added.
- When linking tangents with the same color program should automaticaly add Convert->Scale (-1) to plcae them opposite against each other.
Movement blur effect
To make the motion most realistic for movies, it should be possible to activate in the render dialog the option to smear the border of all objects, which move faster than a given value. For example, if a ball gets shot over the canvas/rendering-screen with speed over 50 px/frame it should have a blurry streak attached. This effect could be applied only at rendering time as an after-effect. --SvH 09:50, 28 May 2008 (EDT)
- There is a Motion Blur Layer that you can apply to the entire document or to the layers you want. It allows to turn the blur effect on and off during animation. I think it is more flexible that your proposal. Genete 10:13, 28 May 2008 (EDT)
This feature is similar to some other suggestions below, just with another way to approach. In animations are many movements, which can be put in some kind of library, to make use of at a later time. For example, movements to animate the key moments of a mouth, sampling syllables. For vector graphics, it should be possible to define some key points, which move just a small amount of space, to form another syllable. These syllables in this example, should be stored in a drop down list, to be able to select them for the key time on the timeline. A morph-set for walking-left-to-right is different from a morph-set for a mounth, which has as options a,e,i,o,u,bah-disgust,happy-smile. The morph-set has to be stored as vector coordinates in a relative way(offset), e.g. X1=+212,+34;X2=-56,-23;X3=+3,-88;
To make use of the morph-set for the mouth, you have to define first, which vector points in your drawn mouth, correspond to the key-points of your morph-set. X1, X2, X3, Xn
--SvH 06:53, 27 May 2008 (EDT)
Render time approximation
Synfigstudio should get a button in the render dialog, which calculates the total render time for the actual settings (frames per second, length of the film, resolution, output format) It should testrender 1 picture, when the amount of total frames is below 1000. Over 1000 frames, it should testrender 10 pictures for more precise calculation.
--SvH 12:49, 22 May 2008 (EDT)
I have made 25,000 small png-pictures with my 800Mhz computer in about 45 minutes. Synfigstudio did calculate each single frame of it. Nothing changed in this picture, so it does only need to get written to disk for the amount of pictures, until the next change (animation) has an effect on the output picture. This should save time for bigger projects with thousands of pictures. With smartrendering it is also possible to predict the total amound of space in Megabytes (Mibibytes) of the final render of the movie. It should calculate how much it needs and see, if enough space is free on the harddisk before the rendering get started.
--SvH 12:49, 22 May 2008 (EDT)
get_color method in text and radial blur
Full functional of group dialog
import/export .swf files
very important productivity feature
import/export .svg frames sequence, and/or .svg animations
very important productivity feature
a realtime .sif synchronized text window
just like the xml editor of Inkscape, or the html editor in Dreamweaver (this is hugelly useful for productivity)
I thinks scripting API can be implement in this way. For example you make XML DOM like implementation for python which alows to change DOM tree from python code and see chenges in canvas. By this way you can implement import/export scripts. Automation scripts. And a lot of different things. Even synchronization of animation between blender and synfig. --AkhIL 23:10, 26 April 2008 (EDT)
choosing colour from gimp/inkscape palettes
very useful when you need some colour comformity of what you're doing
Good high-level documentation of the source code
(2) It'd be nice if a newbie could quickly navigate around the source code. The best thing to do would be to add top-level comments in each file, explaining what that file does, a README.TXT in each directory, explaining what's in that directory. This would be pretty fast and easy to do, and make it much easier for new programmers to join.
Time permitting, it would also be good to document on a high level what the data structures are, but that's harder, since those tend to evolve, and it is often difficult to keep in sync. It would also be useful to document what individual functions do (just a one-liner high-level description), but that also takes more time.
- There is a page link in the wiki that connect to the Synfig API Documentation. I think this link should be highlighted to be more accessible for newbies contributors and mature developers (the link was found here). --Genete 10:02, 11 December 2007 (EST)
Mathematical functions to animate
(2/4) If you want to make a waving flag, it would be handful a sine function, tuned with random correctors, for example.
- -This should generate waypoints each 1, 2, 4 frames or any other step at artist's wish.
- -When applying a function you can add it to current values, add it to 1st frame values or simply override old values. Perhaps other options (such multiplication) would be fine, too. Something like texture editor in Art of Illusion, perhaps.
Perhaps it would be useful reusing the Octave source code to parse mathematical expressions. I have rated this wish with a '2' because undoubtly many users will not be familiar to mathematical concepts, but for those who will be, I'd rate it with a 4. It would be possible to make a ball describing a parabolic moving in no time. ajotatxe 20 November 2007
- dooglus can probably chime in better than I here (see his example of balls on mathematical paths at http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YTpSfUthuVE ), but I believe that this is already possible. Synfig does support a variety of mathematical transforms for parameters, although the way you do this is by no means intuitive. (You might also want to check out the preambletaffy.sifz example for an easier approach to a waving flag. I know you were just using that as an example, but for the record...) Pxegeek 00:58, 21 November 2007 (EST)
- I'd also rate it with a (4) (and updated the rating accordingly), not for this special case, but to make many workarounds much easier. Simulating [Parabolic Shot|free fall], for example, would be a lot easier with real formulas. I don't know, though how easy it will be to implement, maybe waiting for a scripting interface to be implemented is better than hacking this feature in an ad-hoc manner. --Rubikcube 16:38, 29 February 2008 (EST)
Warning about editing bizarre things in animate editing mode
(3.5) It seems to have little sense animate certain things like Blend Method or Type of Feather. It would be very nice that the program asked comfirmation if you change these attributes in animate editing mode. If you do want to, you would have three options: "Yes, never ask", "Yes, never ask for this attribute", "No". I guess that internally, this attributes has integer type (or something like that) and the attributes that you normally want to animate, float type, so I think that this feature is relatively easy to implement. My English is not very good, so please feel free to fix this post. ajotatxe 20 November 2007
Bones with FK & IK + grouping of objects into folders
(5) Bones cane move specific vector assigned to them or the bones can have envelopes that move the vectors within their field of influence, much Like Anime Studio/Moho does. It's quite a time saving process of animating. Objects created can be saved into separate groups or folders using the same system as Anime Studio/Moho -Shadowphoenix 27/8/2007
(5) it would be great, if the tool Sketch was animatable (for example, in a form of a special sketch-layer). --Zelgadis 2007-06-14
- For now as a workaround we could use animation program called Pencil. See Related Projects page. --Zelgadis
- So, currently it could be achieved by using other software, but integration with synfig is poor, cause it requires importing a movie through a sequence of images. This is not intuitive and not obvious for new users. It will be good if synfig will have it implemented like [url=http://www.blender.org/development/release-logs/blender-248/grease-pencil/]blender's Grease Pencil[/url]. This feature will improve workflow, make synfig usable for frame-by frame animation (it is intuitive way of learning animation and powerful tool for producing preproduction work like animatic). --Zelgadis
- It would be nice to also implement the onion peel feature, where you can see the frame before or after, and/or selectable keyframes if this is included. An example can be seen in the program Pencil--richardwad1
Duck for Amount value in Zoom layer
(2) It would be nice if Amount value in Zoom layer was controlled by additional duck. --Zelgadis 02:49, 29 December 2007 (EST)
- I found that I can better use Warp layer instead of Zoom to change size. But it'd be nice to have Amount duck for Zoom layer anyway...
- The Amount parameter works exponentially; each time you add 1 to the Amount, the image is zoomed by a further factor of e (= 2.71828 or so). Would a duck be any use if it just controlled the value of Amount in a linear way?
- Workarounds include: export Amount, select it in the children dialog. Whatever's selected in the children dialog shows a duck. You can adjust it using that duck.
- Also, if you use a Stretch layer, convert the Amount to Composite, export the X-Axis and connect it to the Y-Axis, then you have a duck-controllable fixed-aspect zoom. -- dooglus 15:32, 15 January 2008 (EST)
- Yeah I found this workaround, but it's to much actions - i prefer better use Warp or Stretch layers. Why not the link Amount duck and Amount value with logarithmic function? ;) --Zelgadis 10:33, 17 January 2008 (EST)
Automatic colour palette optimisation
(0) it would be nice to use libcontrast     to automatically adjust selected or all the palette items for best visual contrast. It would also be interesting to have a layer that uses this code to filter the image.
Arbitrary Color Channels
— The ability for the user to create any number of custom channels for various purposes.
— It would be great if autorecover could also recover the associated history of a file in the event of a crash.
(4) (2) — The original intent of this feature request has been solved and documented - How do I....Fill an Outline? - but it would still be nice to have a way to convert one sort of path layer to another. (Downgraded to level 2) Snap 12:32, 17 Jan 2006 (PST)
Vector fill bucket(3) — Like the traditional bitmap fill, but this fills the area clicked out to the nearest boundary paths with a region of that area, set to the foreground color (it actually would create a new region layer).
Alternatively, a single-duck layer object, that performs a simple bitmap fill from its (animatable) location, with its stored color value. (This second approach is similar to the behavior of one of Softimage's TOONZ's tools)
If this is implemented, it will probably be necessary to change the existing "fill" tool's name and icon to a "color injector" (hypodermic needle / turkey injector icon) tool, as that's closer to describing what it does.
- Inkscape has a very innvative version of this tool. Maybe you can just grab the code from there and integrate it in synfig? --SvH 01:37, 14 May 2008 (EDT)
(4-5) — Intutive reshaping of path-based layers. See link.
— This should solve all complaints about the layout, without requiring Synfig to be "just like program (x)". See UI Reloaded for progress on this.
Feedback for Smooth Move Tool
(3) — This tool does what a lot of folks are looking for, warping selected ducks in a "soft" fashion. But it's not very obvious what sort of effect it will have, from the tool's interface. It needs some sort of momentary center-of-action and radius indicator at the very least. Perhaps an "influence gradient" overlaid on the canvas once Synfig's core is sped up?
(2) — Like Inkscape's "inkboard" feature (using Jabber), or Blender's Verse server , or OpenCanvas's Networking option. This should probably farm off all the networking stuff to the telepathy framework so that synfig doesn't have to deal with all the account/etc issues.
Intuitive tangent modification
(3) — (BBQ Pulled Duck) Inkscape has this for still handles - basically, grab a section of the spline between handles, and pull it around, the program automatically alters the tangent handles to match. What would be really neat is if you could do the same for temporal handles - be able to grab the spline between keyframes, and yank it around, and have Synfig automatically adjust the key interpolation to match. Not sure exactly what the workflow in the UI would be for this, however.
-Agreed; blender does this with its IPO curves, and it's a really efficient way to work.
(1) — Would be nice to enable additional functionality to be added to the program without it necessarily needing to be in the Synfig source tree. According to the Synfig 0.61.01 roadmap on deepdarc.com, there is a plugin API already implemented. So instead, this may be a Wiki Wish for documentation, depending on how much has already been completed. Snap 19:57, 13 Jan 2006 (PST)
(1) of some sort will no doubt be demanded by the userbase eventually, for studio-specific automation of tasks, noncompiled plugins, etc. I (SnapSilverlight) don't have any particular use for it at the moment, tho'.
I suppose to join this request with Wish_list#a_realtime_.sif_synchronized_text_window. We can implement python access to XML DOM and write XML Editor in python. --AkhIL 06:54, 30 April 2008 (EDT)
(1) — For Apache. Render .sif to some format like png/mng on access.
(1) — Let Mozilla and Mozilla-based view synfig files in-browser.
(3) — Align objects at a common border (as in Inkscape)
Improved SVG import
(4) — Currently, all importing an SVG does is render it in ImageMagick. What I want is the ability to import the SVG document so that all the shapes, etc. of the SVG document show up as their equivilant synfig layers - i.e. if I had put them there myself. I'm trying to write a patch for this but the codebase is mostly undocumented. KMeist 16:38, 25 Feb 2006 (PST)
Useful would be the possibility of importing SVG sequences, just like Macromedia/Adobe Flash does with .ai sequences
Gradient Paint Tool
How about a tool that can 'paint' a gradient object. For example the options would be width and gradient type, one would make a stroke with the tool and the gradient would be automatically applied inside of the outline (set by width). This would save the trouble of having to the all the encapsulation stuff. (Actually any tool that makes creating gradient one step would be good).--Triclops 09:52, 9 Aug 2006 (PDT)
Bone Animation Tools
Bone system with inverse kinematics, very important for quick animation. You put bones on a drawed man and you can animate him like a puppet. I'm using that in Moho (lost marble product).--ziolive 23 Aug 2006
- I would find this very useful too. I think it is called rigging(4/5) --SvH 01:33, 14 May 2008 (EDT)
Is there any way I can add an avi as a background so I could add facial expressions to a stop-motion animated figure. [zotz here, I was thinking DV background or extra timeline. I would like to mix animations with live footage. rating (3/4)]
- Already implemented for ffmpeg pipeline of ppm in svn r2161 Genete 05:36, 9 November 2008 (EST)
Character tool on Tool Options Dialog
I want to use the as a character generator for a TV show. By using chroma key hide the background. Even better interface to a video overlay card with Alpha blending.
Collect for Publication
(3/4) - (zotz) Menu item, functionality that would collect alll files referenced in a sif and place them all in a tgz for sending elsewhere or publishing animations in source form.
(3/4) - (zotz) Haven't thought this all through yet, but synfig could come with a library of categotrised "objects" with a copyleft license (GPL? CC BY-SA?) An animation clip art type deal.
- I'd suggest this should be public domain and distributed by openclipart.org -- --pabs
(3/4) Well, might just be me but if there was a posiblity to export in .swf or .fla, I think the project might become a lot more popular.Conceit
(4/5) I wholeheartedly agree. I would definitely use synfig more if this feature were added and it would most definitely increase popularity. cdj05a
(4[me]/5[others]) Definitely would love flash export. There is no well maintained Flash animation studio that is Open Source. To have Synfig become that along with all that it already is would be absolutely wonderful. You'd also possibly add to your user base all the flash animators out there that don't want to pay Adobe. Some people would only want it for the flash animation hence the 5 for others. jblandrum
This can be simply done from a python plugin could use SwfTools for converting temporary exported data into .swf file - not very hard thing to do - the information used from SwfTools is very simple to be created, such as simple .swf files are.
Depending on individual desktop setups, single window is sometimes preferable to many windows. Can we have a single-window option?
Also, even with many windows, Windows-users especially might find it better if all the windows only appeared as a single one on the taskbar.
(2/4) Conversion and export to other file formats (mpg, avi, flash formats, others, and the synfig format) with a step by step wizard for choosing format and place of saving. Similar to Gimp's saving of .png files but for movie/video type files. -- hiddenghost
Using Synfig as a portable app
(3) This isn't really a feature request (though it could be) but I was wondering if synfig could be used as a portable application (as in www.portableapps.com). Does the windows install require registry access? i really want to use Synfig at work, but I'm reluctant to install it just in case it leave footprints in the regisitry or something, and it would be sweet to use it on my travels as well. Only thing is, I can't test it out at home because I am using Linux. See also: http://portableapps.com/node/5761 zenoscope
This isn't currently possible without modifying the source code. That has been on my TODO list for ages pabs 01:17, 26 October 2007 (EDT)
Allow organize child valuenodes in an hierarchy
(3-2) And allow maintain the organization once the file is saved. At the moment they are reordered in alphabetical order which is useless and annoying.
Triangle sliders to be always visible
(3) I would like that the triangle sliders from Colors Dialog and Gradient Editor Dialog were visible whatever color or channel you're editing. Some times when the color or channel is to bright or light the slider is difficult to distinguish. --Genete 14:30, 29 October 2007 (EDT)
It would be cool if synfigstudio had support for XICC.
Area to Edit
An option like blender - select area to update would be nice, so the only part of the image that updates when you add or change something is in the selected area
ie. when working on a complex composition, studio doesn't know, when I tweak a tiny part of the composition, that only that part needs redrawing, so it redraws the whole thing. It would be good if there was some way of telling it which part to focus on. -- dooglus 04:02, 3 February 2008 (EST)
01:23 * AkhIL wish to have histograms and luma/color scope like  in synfig
I've looked at those pictures but don't know what they're showing. Can you describe what those scopes are doing, and what the histograms display? ie. what are the X and Y axes of the histograms? -- dooglus 04:07, 3 February 2008 (EST)
First look this description in blender wiki 
Ok There is four things.
- Upper left is Lumascope (Luma Waveform in blender). X-Axis represents image's X-Axys. Y-Axis is average luminescence of column of pixels.
- Upper right is Chromascope (Chroma Vectorscope in blender). Just look description on blender wiki.
- Lower left is like Lumascope but for each channel
- Lower right is histograms. X is luminescence and Y is count of pixels with such luminiscence.
Rearrange the view of waypoints for Canvas param
Is it possible to add "weigths" for widths? ^_^ I.e. width changes not all the way along the segment. Maybe something like a duck on bline which indicates the region where the width of current vertex isn't changed. Illustration here.
Improved Colour Dialog
How easy is it to stick in a colour square/wheel? Messing with sliders is somewhat obstructive.
A button to create a waypoint for every selected duck, in its current position. Moving each duck up a bit and down again quickly gets tedious.
- If the duck in question has already a waypoint then you don't need to move it to create a new waypoint. Just select the corresponding parameter in your child list panel and select 'Add Waypoint' from the right click context menu over the parameter. No need to have the duck selected. If you want to freeze the entire bline just do that over the Bline Point List. Genete 07:48, 29 April 2008 (EDT)
- Yes, but it would be nice to have opportunity to add waypoint to parameer which not have any ducks yet (i.e. non-animated parameter). --Zelgadis 08:33, 29 April 2008 (EDT)
Automatically split tangeants
Holding shift while moving tangeant ducks should automatically split them. They can be rejoined if necessary through the context menu as they are now.
I need a way to link params with different names without exporting. It is possible to achive by manualy editing of sif file. But inposible by gui. I will be nice to have linking by drag-n-drop. Or just by selecting reference param, pushing copy button, selecting another param and bushing link button. ---AkhIL 21:47, 30 May 2008 (EDT)
Allow select the origin of rotation when using the Rotate Tool
It can be initially set to the geometrical center of the selected ducks or the gravity center depending of the selected checkboxes in the tool options panel. Later the user could move it before perform the rotation operation. It is a waste of time to rotate and translate the ducks every time a rotation manipulation is done. ---Genete 12:16, 4 June 2008 (EDT)
- I was adding this request at the same time than you Genete :-). Here is an example of how this issue is solved in Inkscape:
Labels for rows in the Timetrack window 
The rows in the timetrack palette and the parameters palette are obviously related, doing a scroll in the Timetrack window with the mouse makes the parameters window scroll.
It's be nice to have the rows labeled with the corresponding label from the parameters palette, and to have the "list" parameter at the top of the time track window, with the possibility of dragging them around to move them up or down, personally I would prefer the "list" to be up the top so I can see the keyframes I'm making.
- Is this what you want? Just arrange the dock able dialogs as you need. Genete 10:03, 30 July 2008 (EDT)
yeah, that works. Cheers :) :---zenoscope
Non-symetrical but "smooth" tangents on ducks
Add another mode for duck tangent, where the tangent can have different radius, but keep the same angle. (a "split tangents (radius only)" mode).
The current GUI is a pain in the rear by not complete covering the desktop and it's showing 5 tabs instead of usual one tab so it's frustrating to switch windows if you running more than one software. (windows version)
Combining the installations files
This is the most common problem that the user will face when trying to running program for the first time since the user needs to install 4 files instead of one. This common problem needs to be fixed.
A Particle Tool/Particle Object Editor
I thought it might be interesting to add a Particle tool that is intuitive. Genete's script is amazing and I am sure I will do a lot of things with it once I have a chance to sit down and figure it out, but if there were a way to make it into tool with all the settings on sliders, it would be much easier. His script adds endless possibilities of nice effects to make animations look better. I personally rate this rather high. 3.5/5
A programation language as code behind like python, ruby or any
Code behind should be important to program the animation or events associated, programers and designers could work in a colaborative workspace and make applications with richfull content on desktop applicactions or web applications like expression blend or macromedia flash CS.
Embedding animation on web applications
Like Macromedia Flash, it seems to require a plug in for internet explorer or firefox diferent as silverlight or flash, open source and "software libre" projects are working on animation but using the flash plug in, this wish needs a free plug in.
This seems a bit confusing; why do you want a plug in for synfig? When we add the import and export swf. file feature, it will use the flash plug in. Besides the flash player program is free, so you don't have to pay anything. I find that this feature is useless until you explain to us better why you think this software needs a plug-in.
Create a thread in the synfig forum if you want to continue to talk about this. We're listening.
Split Tangent indicator
Its hard to tell if a tangent is split or not without clicking on it (either to use the context menu, or move a duck). All of the ducks should change to another shape (eg a square) for a quick visual indication of a ducks state.
Guide lines that can be dragged from the side (like in the Gimp) would be very useful.
Eg % complete in opening file, pop-up window which indicates how many frames are rendered of a render, eg "rendering 10 of 999" that can be closed/ignored if needed.
Improve the Timeline
I know, this is one hell of a wish, but, as in all, i think that is best if you think in the ideals conditions and then you downgrade into what is possible to achieve in a reasonable period of time.
- D greetings!!
 Normal mode //  Layer mode //  Secuence mode
.I think that this modes are three diferent windows layout, therefore the hability to create new and save different windows layout, should be the first to do in order to achieve this three modes.
(click to enlarge)
I would use them all of the time. Zenoscope
Represent objects (ie. circles, rectangles, regions, outlines, etc) as a new type of element. These objects exist as childs of some layer. The layer then takes care of rendering these objects to a raster. Currently layers do both things, represent objects and render them.
Having objects as a seperate entity would allow defining operations between them. For example:
- Take two region objects and find the union of their regions. This would produce a vector representation of the resulting region (ie. Bline) which in turn can be used for other operations (ie. link vertex to Bline).
- Apply transformation to a vector object producing a vector object as a result which can be further processed.
- Trace a smooth silhoutte around a set of vector objects.
- Slice an animated vector object into pieces and be able to move the pieces around (while preserving the original animation). Would be useful for reflection on a broken glass effect.