Released October XX 2008
- 1 General
- 2 ETL
- 3 Layers
- 4 Value Nodes
- 5 Targets
- 6 Blend Methods
- 7 Canvases
- 8 Files
- 9 Settings
- 10 Linking
- 11 Quality
- 12 Waypoints
- 13 Time
- 14 Windows
- 14.1 Console Window
- 14.2 Toolbox Window
- 14.3 Workarea Window
- 14.4 Preview Window
- 14.5 Canvas Properties Dialog
- 14.6 Color Editor Dialog
- 14.7 Layers Panel
- 14.8 Groups Panel
- 14.9 Params Panel
- 14.10 Keyframes Panel
- 14.11 Children Panel
- 14.12 History Panel
- 14.13 Time Track Panel
- 14.14 About Dialog
- 14.15 Splash Screen
- 15 Tools
- 16 Ducks
- 17 Miscellaneous
- Forum use now phpBB3.
- We have migrated from voira server to a new VPS server.
- We moved our subversion repository to sourceforge
- We are testing Review Board for patches in synfig. http://patches.synfig.org
- Improved the derivative class for hermites.
- Don't let feather be negative for any Shape layers or Circle layers.
- Fix handling of segments so that the examples/walk/walk.sifz file will load correctly.
- Use 0 for the index if the closest point is on the segment which closes the loop. This keeps the final 'amount' value in the range 0..1.
- Fix a bug in the plant layer: when the plant is so small that we can't calculate the perpendicular to its bline, skip trying to branch it.
- Improve a warning message when we find an unknown layer parameter.
- Rename all 'pos' and 'offset' parameters to 'origin'.
- Add parameter 'add_width' to the plant layer. It's on by default, and means to scale the velocity of a plant's shoot by the width of the bline at that point.
- Now circles with large feather and zero radius are visible. Only shortcut zero-radius circles if they're not inverted and have no feathering. 2120629
- Leave previously selected layers selected when create a new one. SYNFIG_TOOLS_CLEAR_SELECTION toggle this option.
- Add new types:
- Logarithm: To convert to a natural logarithm
- Int String: To convert to a string form an integer
- Angle String : To convert to a string form an angle
- Joined List: Join two strings
- Real String: To convert to a string form a real
- Time String: To convert to a string form a time
- Dot Product: Convert to a real from the dot product of two vectors
- Gradient Color: Convert to a color from a gradient
- Vector X: Convert to a real from a vector (get its X)
- Vector Y: Convert to a real from a vector (get its Y)
- Vector Length: Convert to a real from a vector (get its length)
- Vector Angle: Convert to an angle from a vector (get its angle)
- Add "Loop" link to the "Gradient Color" ValueNode.
- Unless OpenEXR half mode is used, don't ask synfigstudio to depend on it.
- Fix build problem with newer versions of libavformat due to the pb member of AVFormatContext changing from a structure to a pointer. 11877061
- Fix Debian 487639: for mod_libav, allow the use of libswscale instead of the depreciated img_convert function. Apply 2036627
- Fix the libjpeg configure test to look for the right function.
- Windows builds now include OpenEXR version 1.6.
- Configure now use pkg-config to find libswscale. 2108984
- Cope with some changes in the locations of the libavformat and libswscale headers.
- Add a configure flag to switch on/off jpeg support. Apply 5
- Fix this bug: when a layer was composed 'straight onto' a context with which its bounding box had no overlap, the context was being displayed as if the 'straight onto' layer wasn't there. 1960543
- To allow backward compatibility, canvas version has been set to 0.6.
Added new feature Link to Bline: allow the user link vertexes, tangents and widths to a parametrized position of a bline. Also inverse manipulation is allowed. This makes easier to build complex figures without need to have a vertex on the joining point.
- TENSION and TEMPORAL TENSION were the same; use the 'temporal' version everywhere.
- Don't render waypoints that lie outside the bounds of the timetrack's adjustment. 1888863
- Don't offer 'Manual' as an interpolation type. It's not clear what it is supposed to do, and looks like the code to implement it was never written. Attempting to use it causes uninitialized memory to be read.
- Fix bad time entry when format is set to FFf. Apply 4
- Show time 3.0 as "3s" in the default (FORMAT_NORMAL) time display mode, rather than sometimes showing "3s 0f".
- Make the file selector dialogs print less output to the console.
- Show the 'fifo_activity' message less.
- Show commands as they are received over the FIFO.
- Add new icon for the reset colors button and change the code to use it.
- Fix zoom fit so it really does zoom the canvas to fit the window. 1901244
- Show a 'zoom to fit' icon in the zoomdial as well as a 'zoom 100%' icon.
- Fix "zoom to fit" so that it centers the fitted canvas on the screen, and always zooms back to the previous zoom level and position if clicked a second time.
Canvas Properties Dialog
- When calculating the start and end frames, round to the nearest integer rather than always rounding down.
- Editing the name, description, or id of a canvas should mark the canvas as needing to be saved, and should also be undoable. 1924592
Color Editor Dialog
Time Track Panel
- Update the timeline scrollbars' major step size when zooming time in and out. 1914874
- Text, Plant, Polyline and Star have new icons.
- Circle tool allows now make Blined circles too. Regions, Outlines, Gradients and Plants are included.
- Rectangle tool now does the same.
- New Text tool has been added to the ToolBox.
- New Star Tool has been added to the tool palette. It allows now make blined stars too. Regions, Outlines, Gradients and Plants are included.
- Now eyedropper works correctly with straight blends for all types of layers. 2119764
- The "Link Offsets" option in the BLine tool now only links offsets if we're creating more than one layer at a time.
- Added options to the circle tool for creation of bline approximations to circles. Number of points and points angle offset.
- Use the 'feather' and 'invert' tool options when creating outline or region layers in the circle tool.
- Remove the "blend method" option from the tool options panel for the circle and gradient tools (unless the BLEND_METHOD_IN_TOOL_OPTIONS #define in toolbox.h is uncommented).
- Improve Segment Tangent and Bline Tangent calculations. Now they give more accurate results.
- If only one of -w and -h is specified on the command line, calculate the other in order to keep the aspect ratio fixed.
- Check for Gtk::AboutDialog::set_wrap_license, which was added in Gtkmm 2.8. Allows synfigstudio to build on the fink distribution.
- Update configure.ac as suggested by autoupdate.
- Improved GUI for the sound file selection dialog. 1932525